need a pair of 12" subs recommendations help me please

tdford5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
lookin for some 12" subs that sound great in a sealed box with a rms of bout 800 watts im looking at about $200 per sub help me wanted some fi's but they go from 250 rms lower end to 1000 watts and up running a kicker 1500.1

just like the sound of a sealed ive never heard a ported box except for like 10yrs ago i wasnt impressed ,but i no times have changed ,but just i no i loved sealed i have 1 cube per sub

i guess if someone could 100% insure and guarantee me id would just love a ported enclosure but just unsure

ported even listening to heavy metal like pantera and then go to rap then like 80's hair bands ????? ok mach 5 who makes em and wher to buy??? can they be ran sealed or ported??

if the box is made properly for the subs being used you will hear a huge difference in ported vs sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

todays subs are way way dif than 10 yrs ago.

ok ive heard that but in measly *** Ohio u dont see these ported boxes mach 5 website is down

Agreed a properly designed and constructed enclosure will do wonders. SQ/SPL a like.

You have a good 1300-1500 watts @ 2 ohm. So you need/want a sub with dual 2 ohm/single 4 ohm coils and around a rms rating of 650-750(give or take a bit). Many subs fit that bill easily. If you want SQ over SPL look at TC subs. Icon will do well, so will SA12s, and many many others.

ok tc sound subs at parts express rite??? and sa subs are like 600 watts rms and if i did go with a ported box where to buy and what to be tuned at ??

have pro-rabbit build you a nice box and tuned to whatever you want...usually around 33hz
Thanks.

PM me with your available space max height, width, and depth. I can help you figure out what kind of space you have to work with and that will help narrow down such a large field of drivers that you are looking at.

Thanks.
PM me with your available space max height, width, and depth. I can help you figure out what kind of space you have to work with and that will help narrow down such a large field of drivers that you are looking at.
Keep in touch with this guy^^^. He'll take care of you. Part of the reason you weren't impressed by a ported box in the past was because it was likely a store-bought prefab box. I agree that ported is the way to go, just make sure you have someone here build a box for you or have someone draw up plans and build it yourself. The sub is only as good as the box it's in.

You can use the IXL for either application since they come in ported and sealed versions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.