Need a single 8"

So what does beefy, non beef 8 mean?
DC Audio m3 8 would get my vote...
ilSP2Ko.jpg

Not true. The ampere 8 is 750 rms and the b2 cc8 is as well
Absolutely fine choices. I just personally like sundown and ssa subs normally and while I have not heard a f8L myself every ssa sub and sundown I've been happy and wouldn't recommend something I've never heard. Dc 8 like boomin has would be nice as well. Only issue working with a box with set parameters already you'd want to choose a sub for the enclosure(insert any brand here) vs the best 8" sub in general right? I've ran 4 sa8s in 4 cubes tuned to 30 and loved them on a bc2000

Ive considered another sa8, that is what I have already toasted. Was hoping something that could take a little more power as I already have the amp.

I just looked at that ssa f8l, its definitely an option.

How about this for a reply. Being snarky on a forum that is low on volume already, is not really good for the community. BUT, I shall respond anyway.

The answer is, I have effing clue. Starting making a popping noise one day. Too much power? Doubt it, took about 700-900 rms. Clipped it? Maybe. Letting my son push on the cone? Maybe. One of my dogs poking at it with their paw? Maybe? I don't care how it happened and neither should you =)

So what does beefy, non beef 8 mean?
DC Audio m3 8 would get my vote...
I guess you missed the 12" / 15" thread a few days ago where someone was looking for a BEEF sub.

Thanks for suggesting the DC 8", it is definitely one of the ones I looked at.

Anyone have any inside with the SA x-8?

The x is more spl oriented with a higher fs and stiffer suspension where the sa 8 is more musical from my understanding. I'd first look into your original cause of failure though just so your not doing the same thing again soon. I'd have to guess a clipping issue but either way any of the 8s mentioned above should do the trick. Dc,sundown,ssa,ampre,b2,etc....I'd say find the best priced one and go for it. I'm pretty sure all above are pretty close in cone area and xmax and other ts specs.

Last 8" was on a DD M80 @ 1 ohm. Already have a mechman on it. So it wasn't a voltage issue. How exactly do you diag the issue anyway, post damage?

I don't mind the extra $50 for the x-8. I was poking on here maybe someone had an old recone'd custom 8 that would be fun in the box. So far, no dice.

How about this for a reply. Being snarky on a forum that is low on volume already, is not really good for the community. BUT, I shall respond anyway.
The answer is, I have effing clue. Starting making a popping noise one day. Too much power? Doubt it, took about 700-900 rms. Clipped it? Maybe. Letting my son push on the cone? Maybe. One of my dogs poking at it with their paw? Maybe? I don't care how it happened and neither should you =)

I guess you missed the 12" / 15" thread a few days ago where someone was looking for a BEEF sub.

Thanks for suggesting the DC 8", it is definitely one of the ones I looked at.

Anyone have any inside with the SA x-8?
Wow....what the **** is your problem man?? I ask a simple question and basically get my *** chewed out for nothing. How was I being snarky?? What the hell does someone looking for a 12" to 15" beefy sub have to do with this thread? Nothing. Good luck *******...

I have no problem at all sir. I just pointed out how you sounded, and replied in kind.

You did ask a simple question while being sarcastic and condescending.

How did you "toast" your 8incher? I can think of 2 reasons atm....but wanna see your reply 1st.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings on this. Wasn't my intent. But if you plan on asking question in that form, be prepared to get answers in the same form.

... What the hell does someone looking for a 12" to 15" beefy sub have to do with this thread?
You asked what a BEEF sub was, so I replied. Let me show you...

So what does beefy, non beef 8 mean? DC Audio m3 8 would get my vote...
It is literally the next post down in the WTB section, heres the link for ya.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wanting-buy-wtb-car-audio/634008-wtb-beef-12-inch-15-inch-sub.html

-

Again. I'm just asking for a single 8" sub that can handle more than a stock SA8, and I do appreciate your suggestion on the DC. Looks like a hella box you have in your SUV there. Is that an 8" as well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.