Need suggestions for bass blocker installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

bandit7319

I picked up a set of bass blockers for my front and rear speakers and was able to install them on the front speakers, but the rear speaker terminal is encased in a hard plastic shell unlike the front ones, which I could easily slide up and expand the connectors to fit. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I've thought of the following but don't know if they'd work or one would work better:

1) Cut terminals of bass blockers and speaker wires off, then twist them together and cap them in wire nut of wrapped in electrical tape

2) Cut plastic shell off so I can expand the connector like with the front speakers (no insulation) and tape with electric tape

3) Trying to find a smaller spade head for the bass blockers and then fitting it onto the bass blocker wire

Look forward to any suggestions!

I picked up a set of bass blockers for my front and rear speakers and was able to install them on the front speakers, but the rear speaker terminal is encased in a hard plastic shell unlike the front ones, which I could easily slide up and expand the connectors to fit. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I've thought of the following but don't know if they'd work or one would work better:
1) Cut terminals of bass blockers and speaker wires off, then twist them together and cap them in wire nut of wrapped in electrical tape

2) Cut plastic shell off so I can expand the connector like with the front speakers (no insulation) and tape with electric tape

3) Trying to find a smaller spade head for the bass blockers and then fitting it onto the bass blocker wire

Look forward to any suggestions!
yeah just for fun what hu do u have? and yeah i used to just cut wires like 3" from speaker.. mine was $119 has hp and lp xover and 20 some audio settings..

I've got a factory HU that I added an amp and powered sub to. Here's my setup if it's helpful:

Amp: Alpine MRV-F300

Front: Alpine SPS-610C

Rear: Alpine SPS-610

Sub: Rockford PS-8

I've toyed with the passes on the 4 ch amp in the past but they didn't address my concern (distortion coming from speakers). I added the sub after the initial speakers/amp, and I just tried messing with the HP/LP filters again and it seems that when they did the install with the sub, they somehow linked it to those filters, so setting the HP filter reduced the output from the sub. Once I turned both off, the sub was much louder.

I don't trust myself with wiring and big installs (lol), so I had those two done by professionals so can't really provide much detail about how they did the install aside from the above.

I appreciate the help and look forward to your suggestions!

I've got a factory HU that I added an amp and powered sub to. Here's my setup if it's helpful:

I've toyed with the passes on the 4 ch amp in the past but they didn't address my concern (distortion coming from speakers). I added the sub after the initial speakers/amp, and I just tried messing with the HP/LP filters again and it seems that when they did the install with the sub, they somehow linked it to those filters, so setting the HP filter reduced the output from the sub. Once I turned both off, the sub was much louder.

I don't trust myself with wiring and big installs (lol), so I had those two done by professionals so can't really provide much detail about how they did the install aside from the above.

that doesnt make any sense. The amp doesnt have a pass thru, so it cant be directly tied to the 4 channel if its done right unless they used the rear 2 channels on the 4 channel, plus it has its own hpf/lpf for each pair of channels anyways. How is the sub powered?

that doesnt make any sense. The amp doesnt have a pass thru, so it cant be directly tied to the 4 channel if its done right unless they used the rear 2 channels on the 4 channel, plus it has its own hpf/lpf for each pair of channels anyways. How is the sub powered?
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but it's a powered sub so the amp is built in to the sub enclosure

sounds like they ran rca from amp to the power sub, if so be easier to just run 2nd rca.. or they tapped into rear speakers wire to get signal., again if so just run rcas to power sub from hu..

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but it's a powered sub so the amp is built in to the sub enclosure
youre all good man, just trying to clarify to troubleshoot.

go to the sub and trace its input signal source back and tell us what its connected to

sounds like they ran rca from amp to the power sub, if so be easier to just run 2nd rca.. or they tapped into rear speakers wire to get signal., again if so just run rcas to power sub from hu..
what rcas? amp doesnt have an output

you need to get your sub signal before it gets processed by your 4 channel amp. You absolutely needed zero bass blockers, you just needed to setup your signal line correctly.

Bass blockers are waste of $$ since a lot of amps/HU's nowadays, thanks to advanced technology, makes it better with built in x-over.

you need to get your sub signal before it gets processed by your 4 channel amp. You absolutely needed zero bass blockers, you just needed to setup your signal line correctly.
this is why i asked him to trace the subs rca input back to where it originates. Sounds like it might be off the high level outs of the 4 channel, but i surely hope not

Bass blockers are waste of $$ since a lot of amps/HU's nowadays, thanks to advanced technology, makes it better with built in x-over.
stock h/u. we are trying to figure out why his sub suffers from the 4 channels hpf. Theoretically, he should be able to enable the hpf on his amp and be done with it, but hes got another fish frying in that pan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.