Need your input.. entry level system

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

So I have an entry level system in my 1999 Chevy Lumina 3.1L which is enough for me. I have 2 x 12" Kicker CVR subs (500w each) and an Alpine mrx-m100 amp pushing those subs perfectly fine. I then have 2 Rockford Fosgate R1 Prime 6.5's and 2 Rockford Fosgate R1 Prime 6x9's being pushed by a Rockford Fosgate Prime 4 channel amp. I also have the Big 3 upgrade that was done in my car which is piggy backing the stock wiring. I'm still experiencing light dimming when I get good bass hits at having the volume around 25. I got 3 different answers to fix that and I know an HOA would resolve it completely, but someone said a yellow top Optima battery will help and another said a capacitor will work. I'm trying to hold off on an HOA because essentially my system will just cost more than my car is worth, which is sad. So if there's other ways I can go about sorting out the dimming, I'll look into it.

Let me know..

Thanks!

I'd do an AGM battery. No sense in getting a high output alt on a car that you might switch out sooner or later. Batteries and everything else in that system can be moved to the new vehicle.

No cap. Battery maybe but get better wire possibly 0gauge
I bought my Big 3 kit from you quite some time ago at 0 gauge, unless you're referring to running my amp's power wire at 0 gauge instead of 4.

I'd do an AGM battery. No sense in getting a high output alt on a car that you might switch out sooner or later. Batteries and everything else in that system can be moved to the new vehicle.
Exactly my point. If I put an HOA in the car, my system will just turn out to be worth more than the car itself and if that's the case, I might as well get a better car to implement a better system. An entry level with what I'm at is doing good for what I want, I'm just now to the point where I want to fix this dimming. But yeah, I'll look into an AGM battery and see what it does for me.

I bought my Big 3 kit from you quite some time ago at 0 gauge, unless you're referring to running my amp's power wire at 0 gauge instead of 4.

Exactly my point. If I put an HOA in the car, my system will just turn out to be worth more than the car itself and if that's the case, I might as well get a better car to implement a better system. An entry level with what I'm at is doing good for what I want, I'm just now to the point where I want to fix this dimming. But yeah, I'll look into an AGM battery and see what it does for me.
0g to your amp with reducers if necessary.

Look into other options, not Yellowtop. Optima is okay but better can be had for the cost.

How is your ground connection as well?

0g to your amp with reducers if necessary.Look into other options, not Yellowtop. Optima is okay but better can be had for the cost.

How is your ground connection as well?
Will definitely look into 0g to my amp. Reducers are new to me.. how do they work/what do they do? What kind of battery do you recommend aside from Optima? Maybe Odyssey? Also, I want to take a look at my ground connection as well because I feel like it's a bit iffy. I may relocate it to somewhere where I know it's getting it's full ground.

Will definitely look into 0g to my amp. Reducers are new to me.. how do they work/what do they do? What kind of battery do you recommend aside from Optima? Maybe Odyssey? Also, I want to take a look at my ground connection as well because I feel like it's a bit iffy. I may relocate it to somewhere where I know it's getting it's full ground.
Odyssey, Diehard Platinum, Northstar, most batteries are made by only a few companies - almost everything is just rebadged.

or a couple from this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/620550-%2Avirgin-lead-batts-like-northstar-cheap-2-a.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.