Neo or not to neo?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pyromaniac4food

Senior VIP Member
Socal
Number of subs preferred: 2 is probably all I could afford with neo's

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 18's?

Budget: I'm probably dreaming but lets say 1500 for now

Power to be used: I have a SD 5k 2ohm right now. May grab a SQ 4500 on this black friday sale. (or maybe recommend me one?)

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Says not to guess but I'd like to wall off my 08 WRX hatch

Goals: Bass obviously

Listening habits: EDM, hip hop and a little rap is all I would crank the subs for. (Punk & Misc rock I don't enjoy with too much bass.)

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: I'm open to trying new stuff. I have used GZNW's, JBL (we all start somewhere) and sundowns.

So my question being about the Neo's... I have a singer 230 alt, big 3 and 4 runs of 1/0 front to back, need to grab some batteries (Mine finally bit the dust a week or so ago) Would like to run 5k or less because of the alt. (Can't run dual) So i'm trying to get the most out of my limited power. I've seen some extraordinary numbers from neo's on low power. What cost does that come at? Sound quality? I am completely inexperienced with neo's. Feel free to school me. (Yes i'm doing some searching.)

Would love to hear some recommendations. (Esp applying to the black friday sales.)

Benefits of neo are weight savings for equal motor force. That being said look at fi car audio. The btlv3 18 is on sale for 609 and rated at 2500wrms. But where you are limited on power to 5k I'd look at the neo q18 rated at 1750wrms and they are on sale for $489

i thought i read the FI neo was a low grade neo. (please correct me if im wrong)

but i really dont see any need to go with neo vs ferrite motor.

i would get 2 ssa evils and get a taramps bass 12k with a nice agm up front and a 80aH lithium in the rear, or 4-5 g31's. you can always set gain conservatively and turn it down when voltage gets low.

i thought i read the FI neo was a low grade neo. (please correct me if im wrong)
but i really dont see any need to go with neo vs ferrite motor.

i would get 2 ssa evils and get a taramps bass 12k with a nice agm up front and a 80aH lithium in the rear, or 4-5 g31's. you can always set gain conservatively and turn it down when voltage gets low.
Are you talking the Evil's or Team Evil's?

Neo is more critical for spl. Not a single drag burp class was won on ferrite at finals this year.

Yes, Fi is a lower quality neo. There is a reason SD wedge neos and DD neos are 2k+.

The Fi would do excellent as a daily sub. It would get smoked by an spl oriented neo sub in a burping type application

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.