New and need help please!

Mqtty

Hey i'm new to car audio and everything but i'm about to get a SUV and i'm wondering what all i'm going to need? I'm not looking to win any awards or anything like that, just to listen to music and have fun.

I was wondering what ill need in terms of Subs (what brand/what size/how many), what amp ill need and what kind of Box ill need. Thanks ahead of time!

Budget: Not much more then $200-$300

Listening Goals / Music Type: Really anything. I listen to everything from acoustic rock to electric/Dubstep and everything in between.

How much space you want to give up for Subs: And I'm looking at early 2000 grand Cherokee's so there's gonna be room but id still like to have some cargo area for lugging stuff around.

I think that regardless of goals, everyone's first system should be some kicker comps on a pyle amp
Mine was a pair of 15" Type Rs..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

You can get a system if you shop used. Everyone has to start somewhere. I would look for a 2 channel amp that can be bridged to at least 300 watts. If you get a bigger system later this can be used for the front channels. Stay away from brands you can find at Walmart. Post here with a link to what you find before you buy to make sure you don't get ripped off. I'd look for a sub that is in a box, again check with the people on the site to make sure it is worth buying. You will still need a wire kit. They are about $25 on eBay. (4 gauge should be fine.) Make sure you know how to wire before you start. Plan on it taking all day to install your first time. You can upgrade everything else as funds allow. This won't be a great system but you will still have fun.

Would be better to save up and get something decent than to buy some flea market crap on a $300 budget and replace/redo it all later. You'll probably want to get a new head unit, front speakers, amp for those, sub, amp and enclosure for it, and installation parts, sound deadener, possibly a new AGM battery depending on what's under the hood. Maybe even a few other things. The point is, if you have a limited budget you don't want to waste any of it on cheap crap that will under-perform or just not last. I'm not trying to scare you off, just being honest and not sugar coating anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.