New build isn't as loud as it should be.

Thanks for the help.
It seems that most people I've talked to think otherwise.
wasn't a fan of my 2500 rubi my t1500 was louder and sounded better so I sold it got a crunch gp 3k and I'm much happier,now I understand why they are only 260

wasn't a fan of my 2500 rubi my t1500 was louder and sounded better so I sold it got a crunch gp 3k and I'm much happier,now I understand why they are only 260
I got mine for $170. The reason I got it over other ~1500w amps at that price range is because I was told that it was better.

Please, help me solve the problem. I didn't make this thread have people talk down on an amp.

I'd try it the other way....
Why? If I have 4v preouts I don't see why I would want to set my gain to 2v or lower. Isn't this how CLIPPING and DISTORTION are created?

If you have the sla adjusted properly and sub out on radio at max and still not enough voltage its either give it some of the ol bass boost or get a line driver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you have the sla adjusted properly and sub out on radio at max and still not enough voltage its either give it some of the ol bass boost or get a line driver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
He just needs to switch the voltage preout setting.

He just needs to switch the voltage preout setting.
Voltage preout setting? The headunit has that setting somewhere? Or are you talking about the switch on the amp?

I did in fact test the output with the .1-2v gain setting. Lowest gain with that setting and I was hitting 51v. So that's over 1300w(amp is rated for 1100w@2ohms). I do NOT want that LOL. My sub can't handle near that + it isn't even broken in at all yet. My car sounded like it was going to shatter(inside and out).

Hmmm, you sure do have something going on here. Is there anyway you could take some pics and upload them to share what you have going on? You would be impressed by the eagle eye of some of the members here. Plus I am kinda curious. if your gain setting is all the way down on the 1-2 volt setting and you get 51 volts, and then you don't get the appropriate reading on the correct voltage setting (>2) while setting the gains, it could be something internal of the amp. I have heard all good reviews from people with personal experience with the equipment you have, You should be able to turn what you got up, and be smiling ear to ear, lol

You have been given some options to try over and over again, I would adjust the selectable input switch and see how it performs. It could help with the issue. Could be other settings as well though.

Another issue could be the enclosure.

Another issue could be the enclosure.
My amp doesn't care about the enclosure. I do in fact need a better one though. Mine is built by me(first box ever built) and has mistakes everywhere lol.

When I bought this head unit I assumed with 4v preouts that I wouldn't need to set the gain high. I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to set my gain lower than 4v. This is the problem. At 4v my DMM reads about 25v. Sure, I can lower the gain and get the power that I want, but isn't this how clipping/distortion is introduced? I want loud and clean bass, not just loud.

My amp doesn't care about the enclosure. I do in fact need a better one though. Mine is built by me(first box ever built) and has mistakes everywhere lol.
When I bought this head unit I assumed with 4v preouts that I wouldn't need to set the gain high. I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to set my gain lower than 4v. This is the problem. At 4v my DMM reads about 25v. Sure, I can lower the gain and get the power that I want, but isn't this how clipping/distortion is introduced? I want loud and clean bass, not just loud.
there is your problem. i guarentee it. you most likely have air leaks, or you tuned it wrong, it could be the wrong size, or not sturdy enough. any one of these things could lead to a quite setup. i would redo the box.

Check and make sure all your connections are good. I had this problem and it turned out to be a loose ground.

Also if you have a shit box, then of course your system wont' perform how it's supposed to. Your sub can only perform as good as your box will allow.

I have two vvx 10s on a crappier 400 watt amp and they do some work. Did you design your box too or just build it?

there is your problem. i guarentee it. you most likely have air leaks, or you tuned it wrong, it could be the wrong size, or not sturdy enough. any one of these things could lead to a quite setup. i would redo the box.
zzzzzzzzzzzz

You didn't read the thread did you x.x

I'll quote myself just for you(even though you just quoted it).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.