New Car. Need Setup Advice (Audio Newbie)

Talked with a friend of mine who used to be in car audio competitions and that sort of thing...after telling him I am not planning on adding a sub, he advised me to get high quality coax speakers for the front, and then just use my stock speakers in the back for filler.

His recommendation was the JL Audio C5-650x speakers for the front.

Any thoughts on those?

Also, are there speakers that are made for being in the back doors and just providing the filler noise?

Thanks!

your friend doesn't know what he's talking about ,sorry to say .you can leave the rears in if you dont wanna amp them ,but if you do want to amp them ,then replace them. and components will be your best sounding speakers for the frt doors

Ok...so I think I have pretty much narrowed down my speaker setup, but now need to nail down which amp I need to power it.

I am heavily leaning towards going with:

Front Doors: JL Audio C5-650 components

Rear Doors: JL Audio C2-650X coax

What 4 channel amp would you recommend to push these speakers?

youre gonna spend big money on budget speakers. imo stay away from jl for bang for ur buck. those cdt that were recomended earlier are much better and prolly have a better price point. plus mylows will prolly give u the best deal he possibly can. i personally like the imagedynamics ctx line, the memphis mclass, and the polk mm. all have different price points but are really good speakers. for the price ur gonna pay id go to ssaudio.com/store and look at the incriminator set is is a very nice budget set from a well respected company and at 120 a set they are hard to beat.

i have a nice sized four channel id let go for 275 shipped its mtx's top of the line 100x4 series a few minor blemishes but it works fine just a bit to large for me. on the other hand i like my rockford mini amps. have mine running my fronts in a bi-amped time-aligned setup that works amazingly well but the f*cker gets pretty **** warm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.