new here, wondering what 2 12s to get

RKbizzle
10+ year member

my friends going to me sell me his alpine mrp500 with a box that has two pioneers in it for 200, it hits pretty hard but i don't know what the pioneers are and im going to replace those, i was either going to go with two kicker comps or maybe two JL w0v3s i'm new to this stuff and JL and Kicker are the only brands that i know that i hear are reputable. Right now i have a boss amp trying to push a pioneer that some one gave me for free and it *****..big time.. any help would be appreciated.

also i my car ( 2003 corolla) came with a boss headunit in it, bottom of the line one there like 35$ will there be a big improvement to the bass if i replace that with some like a $100 alpine?

If you want to take a risk you could buy some of the old Skar 12s that are being sold... I don't recommend supporting them though

Also look into Kenwood or Pioneer HUs. They're the same general quality as Alpine but much cheaper. My Kenwood HU was about $70 and it's satisfied me so far.

hifonics hi-fi they are 30 dollars new a piece... **** I cant believe im recomending that.... Get an audiopipe apsm 1500 for around 120 and find yourself a used 100 dollar 15 on this forum. ...put it in a pre fab if you must or save up and build your own enclosure, you will be around the 300 dollar mark once you get a wiring kit and box made but it will be way louder

I would stay away from the w0's and the comps The kicker cvrs arent too aweful but for the money you maybe able to score some sundown e series or look up woofer cooker he does reconed subs that are in great shape for great deals.

One mrp500 is not that much of power, something like 500watts RMS. I'd recommend a single 12 inch subwoofer. Put it into a ported box if you need more SPL. Which 12 inch sub with this power? I really like my Infinity Kappa 120.9w. It's rated "only" for 350watts, but I think it's an understatement. I have been powering it with 250 watt, 450watt, and 600watt amps, all set with DMM. It sounded great in each case. For sealed box application, put it into a 1 to 1.2cu ft box. The impact and punch are pretty strong, but it won't set the world on fire in a sealed box. For more SPL, put it into a 2cu ft ported box tuned to 25Hz. Another sub you can try on this power is RE Audio SE/X12. Sonicelectronix has them on sale right now. These are also pretty good subs, with more power handling and xmax, but require a bit bigger box probably.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.