Noob question here…

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hanzo the Great

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone! I am going to attempt to hook up a sub in my 18 impala. I have a factory Bose speaker system in the car already and I want to add an amp for the new sub. I am assuming that there is a remote wire already going to the factory amp. Am I able to splice off of that remote wire and run it to the new amp as well or do I need to do something different? I really don’t want to have to take my dash apart to get behind my head unit. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone! I am going to attempt to hook up a sub in my 18 impala. I have a factory Bose speaker system in the car already and I want to add an amp for the new sub. I am assuming that there is a remote wire already going to the factory amp. Am I able to splice off of that remote wire and run it to the new amp as well or do I need to do something different? I really don’t want to have to take my dash apart to get behind my head unit. Thanks in advance!
You got it right. Only thing I would suggest is to crank up the volume on that Bose system. Ascertain if the bass subsides as the volume increases. If it does, you will need a bass restorer. The LC2i Pro has Accubass. It is a bass restore program. Some users have reported difficulty setting it up, so shop around to see if there is one with a simpler user interface.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...