New Install- Static/Whine problems

dgreen2321
10+ year member

Michigan
I just installed a new set of component speakers in the front doors of my car which are powered by an amp. I also have 10" sub hooked up to an amp. Both amps are in the trunk. I ran the power wire down the center of the car, One RCA on the right side and one on the left.

When the car isn't started, everything sounds fine (if I have the gain all the way down), but when the car is running I get a really annoying static noise which distorts the sound and a really, really bad alternator whine. The static goes away when I have the gain all the way down, but I don't want to have to listen to music with no gain. I have the ground wires from both amps connected at the same spot. Is this what's causing the static?

All help is appreciated, thanks.

My equipment is:

Alpine PDX 2.150 (running the comps)

Phoenix Gold RSD 65cs comps

Blaupunkt THA1350 400w (to the sub)

10" Kicker CVR

Pioneer DEH-6900UB HU

Pioneer HU? Didn't have this happen with just your sub amped?
I had the same thing if thats the case, the whine/static is high pitched and you won't hear it on the sub amp because of the LP crossover, but when I amped my fronts it was ridiculous interference.

Go here for a picture/description of what you need to do
You may not have to do this.

Rewire the RCA's down the middle of your car, if its still happening - you blew a fuse in your HU and go to the above post.

My '95 Mustang was having major engine whine until I rewired it down the center console.

Pioneer HU? Didn't have this happen with just your sub amped?
I had the same thing if thats the case, the whine/static is high pitched and you won't hear it on the sub amp because of the LP crossover, but when I amped my fronts it was ridiculous interference.

Go here for a picture/description of what you need to do
Yeah, I did have a little bit of alternator whine when I just had the sub amp (just put the new speakers and amp running them in yesterday), but NOTHING compared to this.

Yes, grounding the RCAs will do it. Pioneers have a pathetic little ground on the circuit board and it always goes bad. my 960 did it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dgreen2321

10+ year member
dgreen2321
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from