New into car audio scene (noob)

derricklkennedy

US
Im trying to get ready for the summer.. i have a 2011 chrysler 300 with the factory alpine system... i want to replace all the speakers and add subs... im lost on all the different types of brands.. and trying to figure out where to start lol.... im interested in jlw7ae 12s but they are a little on the pricey side.. are they worth it? Or is their better speakers out there? Im looking for subs that beat but dont want them distorted.. and for the the speakers in the car i want clean clear crisp highs and mids.. whats a good setup to look into?

Im trying to get ready for the summer.. i have a 2011 chrysler 300 with the factory alpine system... i want to replace all the speakers and add subs... im lost on all the different types of brands.. and trying to figure out where to start lol.... im interested in jlw7ae 12s but they are a little on the pricey side.. are they worth it? Or is their better speakers out there? Im looking for subs that beat but dont want them distorted.. and for the the speakers in the car i want clean clear crisp highs and mids.. whats a good setup to look into?
Gotta start with a budget man. How much do you have to get started?

Oh man bro man, you are opening a can of worms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif people's opinions vary drastically on this but I guess I will give my 2 cents, keep the 2 cent thing in mind because that is all most opinions are worth....$0.02 not even enough for a dam lollipop nowadays.

From your question I can guess you do not have an unlimited budget so I will start with keeping budget in mind. Get a good grip on what your goals are, you said JLW7AE 12's so I'm guessing you want some nice boom boom. Nice boom boom needs nice electricity. Amplifiers turn electricity into wattage (in a simple way of saying it and understanding it). Start right there, 0 gauge OFC power cables, big 3 or 4. There are articles littered throughout many forums to walk you through that. Deep cycle AGM battery under the hood and/or 1 in the trunk (I almost always add 1 in the trunk, don't always swap the 1 under the hood). Upgrade alternator to higher amperage.

In my opinion this is where to start, fail to do this will cost you in the end. 2nd thing... Accept the fact that maybe some dirtbag is gonna try and snatch yo schnit, accept that and try and be prepared by taking steps as you install to make life difficult for them. Allen screws on subs and other things make it difficult to get yo schnit out of the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Subs... Wo there are many options and opinions on this. Me personally, I prefer a custom built single 15 from a member here zueslicious. A 50+ pound beast of a sub that I can throw 3-4000 watts of clean power at. Guess about $4-500 for that sub. My second choice has actually changed recently because the market and technology changes, Sundown X8 or DD SW2508. Both of those are 8" subs, don't laugh... Really don't laugh. 2,3 or even 4 (if it fits in yo budget) of those little suckers in the right enclosure will pound like holy hell, don't laugh I ain't kidding.

Budget, I'm keeping budget in mind here and everything above is where I would start. Budgeting I would actually keep all of your main speakers in place for now, I would add a Rockford 3sixty or Audison bit 1 or bit 10 (buy used) to interface between factory radio and amps. Give the factory alpines a bit more power from another quality amp and dial in the sound with the 3sixty or bit 1/10. You will be very surprised at the end result. Later in the future when the $$ recovers from the above, you can start shopping again for your mids and highs. I do this kind of setup quite often when the factory system is at least from a decent brand. That's my $0.02

Good luck and start a build thread

In your oppinion are jl w7 ae 12s or 13s worth the price... my main concern is to be able to beat but sound quality is a must.... im not doing competition or anything but still want to be heard before im seen lol... im looking into jl, type r, or kicker but wouldnt mind getting info on other brands... are there better out there?

There are plenty of great brands including TC Sounds, DIgital Designs (DD), Sundown and on and on. The JLW7's are great subs and have been for about 10 years now but yeah they are overpriced. You will be surprised what other brands can do for a lot less money and a properly built enclosure will bring out there best. Talking about enclosure, reach out to "pound that sound" he is back in business and he is a great guy. He builds custom kerf port enclosures to meet your desired goals, he can make a good sub perform like a champ

That really is a matter of personal taste, I love high end silk tweeters from zapco, morel and the likes but these are pricey and not always adequate to cut through the insane bass. Rainbow, focal, morel, zapco are always my first choice but will go mmats, cdt, jl and even the upper end of pioneer are dam good

Hey bro that's a good budget you probably don't have to use all of it for what you want. I spent only a little over 2K on my 4 15s setup.

What's your vehicle? Do you know anyone that you want to be louder than? Have you had a big system before?

Hey bro that's a good budget you probably don't have to use all of it for what you want. I spent only a little over 2K on my 4 15s setup.
What's your vehicle? Do you know anyone that you want to be louder than? Have you had a big system before?
He said he has a 2011 c300 and he's a noob. U can't help him if u cant even read lmao

For 2k I'd get

250+alt- excessive or singer $400-500

CD player. $200-300

Subs- sundown SA 12s $500

Sub amp- American bass ph4000 $220

2 sets of components- Polk audio db $100 each set

4ch amp-opti 250x4 $300 to get the highs screamin loud

Wire- 0 gauge OFC $200

That would make a decent system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.