Sub amp- American bass ph4000 $220

2 sets of components- Polk audio db $100 each set

4ch amp-opti 250x4 $300 to get the highs screamin loud

Wire- 0 gauge OFC $200

That would make a decent system
And a custom box (CSCStang!) ~$200

For 2k I'd get
250+alt- excessive or singer $400-500 excellent choice, very reliable

CD player. $200-300 IMO leave factory player alone since it is an alpine, use a RF 3sixty or Audison bit 1 or 10 to dial sound in

Subs- sundown SA 12s $500 for $500 I would go to zues and grab 1 of his custom monster 15 subs

Sub amp- American bass ph4000 $220 we want mo power

2 sets of components- Polk audio db $100 each set not really a big upgrade from the alpine speakers already in the car

4ch amp-opti 250x4 $300 to get the highs screamin loud i like the way you think lol

Wire- 0 gauge OFC $200 sounds about right

That would make a decent system
to hell with decent, we want killa //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Well i have a factory 8in (i think) touch screen so im gonna leave it alone... Are the sundown sa 12s a better sound quality and hit harder then the jl w7ae?

Well i have a factory 8in (i think) touch screen so im gonna leave it alone... Are the sundown sa 12s a better sound quality and hit harder then the jl w7ae?
No but they are WAY cheaper. If you are paying over $400 for a new 12W7 you are paying to much. And the AE is only a different color, nothing changed.

From reading on this website i know everyone is oppinionated about jl... like my post states im a noob... if the jls were as cheap as all thr other brands would yoy choose jl ove the others? I just want to find the perfect set of subs but i dont wanna be cheap about it lol

From reading on this website i know everyone is oppinionated about jl... like my post states im a noob... if the jls were as cheap as all thr other brands would yoy choose jl ove the others? I just want to find the perfect set of subs but i dont wanna be cheap about it lol
I personally like some JL. I love slash amps and W6s. The W7 is a great SQ sub with output. It really is a unique sound, they did it right 10 years ago. Todays market with all the other advances its not worth more than $400 new. You will not get the same effect with a cheaper sub, even a nuthugged cheap sub. What you will get is possibly more output and a decent sounding sub. Now spend some money, $500-$600 per sub and you can get way more output and very close to the same response, all in the box. Now this added performance comes with a large cost. Large amp, 3000-5000 rms($600-1000), alternator upgrade($400-500), vehicle treatments because it will wreak the car($200+), Well built box($150+). You will get way more than a W7 will ever be capable of.

I personally like some JL. I love slash amps and W6s. The W7 is a great SQ sub with output. It really is a unique sound, they did it right 10 years ago. Todays market with all the other advances its not worth more than $400 new. You will not get the same effect with a cheaper sub, even a nuthugged cheap sub. What you will get is possibly more output and a decent sounding sub. Now spend some money, $500-$600 per sub and you can get way more output and very close to the same response, all in the box. Now this added performance comes with a large cost. Large amp, 3000-5000 rms($600-1000), alternator upgrade($400-500), vehicle treatments because it will wreak the car($200+), Well built box($150+). You will get way more than a W7 will ever be capable of.
Ok thanks for all the info, so you stated 5-600 per sub what subs did u have in mind? Because jls are priced higher then that.. and if i can find subs that are cheaper and just have to add a battery and alternator, it would be around the same budget...

Ok thanks for all the info, so you stated 5-600 per sub what subs did u have in mind? Because jls are priced higher then that.. and if i can find subs that are cheaper and just have to add a battery and alternator, it would be around the same budget...
1# Digital Designs. 1500 line and up are built to order with the proven best soft parts made in the US. Custom options also. Don't go by MSRP like most haters do and you will have haters. Dealer ONLY, a good one will drop the price a lot, a bad one will not. Haters will come out of the wood work. They hold records dating back to 1998, both SQ and SPL

#2 Sundown. Sundown has more blind nuthuggers than any other brand, its kind of pathetic at times. Gear is proven to be very good but the new Zv4 is to specialized. Amps are solid. What you will find with Sundown is underrated BUT cost the same as rated correctly stuff. They do very well in street beat formats but they are using a metric **** ton of drivers and power.

That will get you started, do your own research.

Noloud4u is correct. As I stated there are many quality brands and yes the JL W7 is a great sub but the JL is overpriced. I personally owned a pair of the 13W7's about 10 years ago and powered them up with a mmats amp, still one of my favorite setups, read my opinion in this thread I started.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/614421-my-brand-experience.html

Nuthuggery is common, I am also guilty but you read why in that thread. I continue to try other brands like DD, TC Sounds (they still own patents on some of there stuff, like JL). With that being said, I have found excellent results from true one off custom built products from PSI and zueslicious. I personally will not buy another off the shelf sub unless I get a deal, flat out. I go custom when I buy subs nowadays. JL W7's have 1 big negative, when they blow u r up schnits creek. JL is high end new and high end to rebuild, to much $$$$$$$$ for what you are getting.

A quality motor like the 50 pound Concept motor I am selling (in the middle of closing a deal), TC 4HP and a few others, mixed together skillfully with a ti basket, the right soft parts by the 2 builders I mentioned (there are others but I used these 2 b4) will land you a great sub from great people who believe in great service. Ultimately you will be a happy noob, and you will be a customer for a long time just like I am till this day. Do your research Youngblood and you will see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Well thxs for the info, im going to continue to research b4 i spend a dime and i will heed all of the info yall have given me and will continue to ask questions as they come, thanks for your time amd info

Well thxs for the info, im going to continue to research b4 i spend a dime and i will heed all of the info yall have given me and will continue to ask questions as they come, thanks for your time amd info

One warning. Well two warnings. If it looks to go to be true it normally is.

Watch the fly buy night brands. They have some pretty good deals but they might not be around in a month. Personlly I'll pay a bit more if I know I'll have support for years to come. On the other hand you have to watch brands that have been around forever like FOSGATE and kicker.. They made a good name making great stuff but now they moved everything to China and its not so good. Those brands see each other as the competition not the boutique brands that will destroy them head to head $ for $.

Just go SoundQubed lol if it's your first system you aren't gonna be able to tell the difference in SQ in subs
good choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

1# Digital Designs. 1500 line and up are built to order with the proven best soft parts made in the US. Custom options also. Don't go by MSRP like most haters do and you will have haters. Dealer ONLY, a good one will drop the price a lot, a bad one will not. Haters will come out of the wood work. They hold records dating back to 1998, both SQ and SPL
#2 Sundown. Sundown has more blind nuthuggers than any other brand, its kind of pathetic at times. Gear is proven to be very good but the new Zv4 is to specialized. Amps are solid. What you will find with Sundown is underrated BUT cost the same as rated correctly stuff. They do very well in street beat formats but they are using a metric **** ton of drivers and power.

That will get you started, do your own research.
i like DD and think they make great stuff but man you push DD so hard lol. Saying they are proven the best soft parts in the US, thats really pushing it. Im not saying they are not up there with the best but, man lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.