New into car audio scene (noob)

i like DD and think they make great stuff but man you push DD so hard lol. Saying they are proven the best soft parts in the US, thats really pushing it. Im not saying they are not up there with the best but, man lol
I do love me some DD and it don't get pushed enough on here. Rumor has it Sundown is trying to get the same coils DD has been using forever.

I do love me some DD and it don't get pushed enough on here. Rumor has it Sundown is trying to get the same coils DD has been using forever.
lol sounds about right, all companys copy each other one way or another. ill just stick with my poor mans soundqubed lol

Scott somebody has to push something beside Sundown. It's not the answer to everything and as of now they are not on the same level.

All anyone says about DD is

"they use the same board as everyone else" it's obvious they do not.

"MSRP is stupid high" well so is everyone's MSRP but you never see it because you see the online price.

"They are the same as SQ" that's also pretty obvious they are not.

Scott somebody has to push something beside Sundown. It's not the answer to everything and as of now they are not on the same level.

"MSRP is stupid high" well so is everyone's MSRP but you never see it because you see the online price.

not fully but some of their subs are similar

not fully but some of their subs are similar
They may use the same basket. Soft parts or motors are not the same. Many use the same basket. That would mean every Ti basket was the same sub, every 12 spoke. The 95 is one of the most copied subs. Cones are not the same material, surrounds are different, motors measure out different.

They may use the same basket. Soft parts or motors are not the same. Many use the same basket. That would mean every Ti basket was the same sub, every 12 spoke. The 95 is one of the most copied subs. Cones are not the same material, surrounds are different, motors measure out different.
If im not mistakin the Hdc3 motors are just older 9500 motor arent they? Atleast thats what i though Dj said when i was talking to him.

I love these kind of threads, you actually can learn quite a bit about brands and why some nuthuggery goes on. In other words, nuthuggin because of what you actually know vs nuthuggin because of what you think you know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

We also forget Image Dynamics, those dam ID Max subs hold there own on less power than many others, and they do it with a 2.5" coil. Alpine type R (I forget model letters) also do dam good on 1000-1400 clean power, same goes for JL's W6. Lots of good subs even in the midrange if you ask me.

Type at is the best sub under $150 by far. I gave up on Id after powerbass took over.
Yeah I know, I forgot about that... So sad, so so sad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

I love this guys work, I've experienced the difference myself and now am a believer. I'm glad he is back in business

http://www.poundthatsound.net/enclosure-design.html

I gave up on Id after powerbass took over.
After thinking for a minute, the recession really has taken its toll on some good companies. Even in home audio, M&K is gone, Klipsch and Mirage have been brought out.... so sad. Definitive technology isn't the same, brought out. I can keep going. But we also see some impressive companies surviving like Anthony Gallo, great high end speakers (my favorite) and some new names Goldenear. Goldenear is new but not the man behind it, Sandy Gross is the granddaddy of Polk Audio and Definitive Technology, impressive resume if you ask me. I've been doing more high end home stuff over the last few years and man the landscape changes quickly. Anybody remember Altec Lansing? Yeah crappy cpu speakers is what I see now but I do remember them from the old days, they were the company that pioneered the live mixing console that we still use today, impressive resume. JL actually has a patent on that W woofer design, Adire Audio has patents also but there gone, so sad, so so sad

After thinking for a minute, the recession really has taken its toll on some good companies. Even in home audio, M&K is gone, Klipsch and Mirage have been brought out.... so sad. Definitive technology isn't the same, brought out. I can keep going. But we also see some impressive companies surviving like Anthony Gallo, great high end speakers (my favorite) and some new names Goldenear. Goldenear is new but not the man behind it, Sandy Gross is the granddaddy of Polk Audio and Definitive Technology, impressive resume if you ask me. I've been doing more high end home stuff over the last few years and man the landscape changes quickly. Anybody remember Altec Lansing? Yeah crappy cpu speakers is what I see now but I do remember them from the old days, they were the company that pioneered the live mixing console that we still use today, impressive resume. JL actually has a patent on that W woofer design, Adire Audio has patents also but there gone, so sad, so so sad
Don't forget about UE getting bought by Logitech.

Dd needs bigger surrounds. My dd9918 surround started to rip on 1500watt in a 7c box. It sounds good and got hella loud. But just can't handle the excursion.. And I also see lot of dd subs with this problem. DD is not bad but deff not the best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.