New Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

rgplayer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well I didn't know where to post considering i didn't build any of this just installed it. Anyways I think it turned out pretty clean. I had 2 mtx 6000 15's on a volfenhag amp, but this setup has alot more pressure. Oh these are memphis pr 12's btw. It's prob tuned high but in the future I want to upgrade to 4 alpine r 10's in about a 6 cuft box tuned to 32 hz and prob another one of these amps strapped as suggested by 1ndatrunk. I like this amp though not the most expensive it does what I want it to lol..

Yea everyone tells me that, but I wish I knew why? I mean what's the science behind the reason a ported box built for the or tuned a certain way sounds better? I know it's true just wish I knew why? I guess like the formula's and things involved. I know i got alot to learn but everyone's gotta start somewhere right.

Well I had 2 15's sealed before and let's say I wanted those low notes back again not really lookin for comps cuz apparently higher bass is better for the meter. Just low hard to breathe pressure. Could I get this outta these subs?

Well I can't find the specs for these subs and so I can't figure out box size or tuning so what would you recommend for these. And thanks for the help guys.

So about 4 cu total tuned to around 34 hz. Now what if it was tuned to 32 hz what would it sound like, and why would it sound better/worse? Thanks for the help btw

Ok cool. Btw the re calculator asks for length, width, etc... But I don't know that yet just 4 cu and 34 hz how do I find these dimensions out? Is there a formula?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.