Newbie - Need Help!

djmixx79
10+ year member

nc
What's up - thanks for reading.

I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2006 factory as of now. I was at a car audio store and had several opinions on what I should get when it comes to subs. Most all were either 3 boxed Memphis PR's or 2 boxed memphis.. cant remember what size though..

they were wanting to set me up with a 1000 watt memphis amp as well.

Would you guys go for this, or is there something better? My budget was never 3k.. however, this is what it's looking like at this point from them.. as they are re-doing all interior speakers, and subs, amps, radio, the whole nine.

ok? what should I do then? They have about everything you can imagine. Should I go with a different brand? if so, which one?

Car audio stores for the most part are going to bend you over and fuck you with sand and broken glass. So be prepared. Imo Memphis is nice equipment but it's overpriced. Just make sure whatever you decide on that you check online at other places to compare what you're paying with what they're charging you. It's going to be more obviously, but how much more is the question. Also do your own research online and compare brands. Are you going more for SQ or SPL? And if 3k is too much how much do you want to spend? What kind of room do you have? All important factors when deciding.

Well I have been looking into this pretty heavy.. I can get the same product for much cheaper if I didn't get it through this dealer.. issue with that is, it will either be used or refurbished and I don't know speakers and amps that well to figure out if that's a good decision to save money, or a bad one based on wear and tear on the items?

I want it really loud, but also with really good sound and musical. I want the other car beside me to feel it. I want to be able to wake up the neighbors as I drive by //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I honestly don't have a 3k budget.. but have decided to do it in pieces if I went with this local shop. If I bought the items elsewhere and found a craigslist installer (which is a lot cheaper, but again, I have no clue if they will do the install as professional as the shop) I could get the same thing the shop quoted me $2500.. for. $1000 or less.. which would be around my actual starting budget.

as far as room - I have a hyundai sonata sedan.. so the subs will be in the trunk. When he went to measure if a 40 inch box with 3 10's will fit, he said I had plenty of room.

Well I have been looking into this pretty heavy.. I can get the same product for much cheaper if I didn't get it through this dealer.. issue with that is, it will either be used or refurbished and I don't know speakers and amps that well to figure out if that's a good decision to save money, or a bad one based on wear and tear on the items?
I want it really loud, but also with really good sound and musical. I want the other car beside me to feel it. I want to be able to wake up the neighbors as I drive by //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I honestly don't have a 3k budget.. but have decided to do it in pieces if I went with this local shop. If I bought the items elsewhere and found a craigslist installer (which is a lot cheaper, but again, I have no clue if they will do the install as professional as the shop) I could get the same thing the shop quoted me $2500.. for. $1000 or less.. which would be around my actual starting budget.

as far as room - I have a hyundai sonata sedan.. so the subs will be in the trunk. When he went to measure if a 40 inch box with 3 10's will fit, he said I had plenty of room.
ok so what is a realistic budget for you for new equipment .also have you considered adding an extra battery or bigger alt? you'll also need a 0 gauge amp kit and big 3 kit which i sell those as well.also if the bass is gonna be that loud you will wanna amp the door speakers to keep up with the bass.i can give you a quote for components in the doors and 2 ways in the rear ,amp for them, 2 12's , custom box , deck amp kit ,big 3 kit all harnesses and dash kits and a extra battery ,if you like .and maybe find an installer as well.

Well I do appreciate all of you guys help in selling me items.. but I have some local choices which will help me in the shipping costs. I just needed to know if I should go with buying and having the shop install everything (higher prices + warranty) or buying items here and there, and having someone off craigslist install it (lower prices and no warranty)

Would the wire work/install or speakers/amp REALLY need a warranty? is it best to do everything at the shop based on getting a 3 year warranty on equipment and lifetime on install?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.