Newbie ready to jump-need tall building-quality and more quality!

Participant count
  • Participant list

humblejohn38

house
[bNeed help on quality of head units. I am trying to wade through the hundreds of car radios on the web to find: Double din, hd (not hd ready) large and simple display, aux and usb ports on front of unit.

My search has led to JVC, Clarion, Pioneer and Kenwood head units. Alpine does not have one in my price range $300-$450. Are the prior 4 head units about the same quality? I like classical and classic rock and there is a certain amount of noise that the car makes. Would any of these companies disappoint me?

I just sent back a pioneer DEH 7200hd because the display was impossible! Nothing could be read from the driver's seat. If you can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.]Review of:[/b]

If your talking about sound quality..

Alpine 9887, 3-way active crossovers and time alignment. 24-Bit Burr-Brown D/A converter, Imprint Ready, eq.

Other option is Eclipse don't know the model numbers. 5700 or something.

kenwoods upper end has limited crossover capability but are good for the money if they work for you.

pioneer makes a great one but its $900+

there is really no options besides these in your price range. the market for a good sq receiver is extremely thin.

if your just looking for something that won't break.. that's a crap shoot.

most of the units im talking about are discontinued.. but are still available. sadly double din navigation units with zero sq capability are flooding the market now.

ah s*** i just re read your post, your looking for one of those damned double dins.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.