Nice Tax return = I'm looking for new subs for my NEW build

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
So. Here we go again. Just filed my taxes, and I'm getting basically a months worth of pay, so my budget just increased quite a bit. But I still want to remain in some sort of budget. I don't want to pay more than $200 for 2 subs. I've already aquired my amp, an Audiopipe ASPM-1300. I plan to wire it at 2 ohms at 600 watts, or 1 ohm, at 750 watts. I'm thinking of getting 2 Skar IVX 12's. Currently I have planned 2 Boston Acoustics G112's, or 2 Infinity 1262's, either running at 600-750 watts RMS. But now since I have more money, I wanna look for some better subs. My budget sets me for about $100 a sub. Let the recommendations flow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is my 4th build I'm starting. I hope I don't annoy you guys, but I mean the more builds I make, the more I learn about sub systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

maybe going with just one sub? like one obsidian or skar vvx or something that can handle the 750 by itself. i have an oa 15 on an aspm 1300 wired at 1 ohms and its treating me very well. my next build will prbly be with 2 skar vvx's tho.

$200 for subs is a EXTREAMLY low budget!
i would look for something used...
Thats why I posted in the classifieds! But I know its a low budget, but its still do-able. I don't have a car that can handle 1500 watts RMS daily, or else I would spend more, a LOT more. I can't push more than 750 watts, so whats the point of buying rocking subs, that I can't even push to their max? Might as well stay low, and preserve my alternator.

a single sub would be better for that budget and you should get something to wire to 1 ohm to use the most you can out the amp.
To be honest, I'd rather have 2. I heard a single Kicker 15' sub on a 1500 watts, and I've heard 2 10's on 1200 watts that are louder, and I want loud! So I'm going to stick with 2 12's, or if they are REALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYY good 2 10's but even then I'm iffy about 10's.

To be honest, I'd rather have 2. I heard a single Kicker 15' sub on a 1500 watts, and I've heard 2 10's on 1200 watts that are louder, and I want loud! So I'm going to stick with 2 12's, or if they are REALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYY good 2 10's but even then I'm iffy about 10's.
to you haw does a 10 sound any different from a 12? basically just moves less air.. in most cases its the same motor but just some different soft parts.

to you haw does a 10 sound any different from a 12? basically just moves less air.. in most cases its the same motor but just some different soft parts.
I've heard 2 dual 10' systems. One was a JBL system, which was actually pretty loud, and the subs were facing in the car, and 2 10 JL 10w3,s which is the loudest system I've heard being inside the car. I just want 2 12's because they would be able to hit lower. I saw the physical difference between a 10 and a 12 and its huge! But what you said is it just moves less air. Thats exactly how bass is created, the moving of air. Literally. So why would I want to move less air? Thats why I want 2 12's

I've heard 2 dual 10' systems. One was a JBL system, which was actually pretty loud, and the subs were facing in the car, and 2 10 JL 10w3,s which is the loudest system I've heard being inside the car. I just want 2 12's because they would be able to hit lower. I saw the physical difference between a 10 and a 12 and its huge! But what you said is it just moves less air. Thats exactly how bass is created, the moving of air. Literally. So why would I want to move less air? Thats why I want 2 12's
sq vs spl i guess. personal preference. but what I'm more or less saying is that one prbly won't get a system that you are looking for for only 100 a sub especially if u are looking for 12s and won't move to something smaller. also building a good box or having a box built for you can help a lot.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

install and enclosure. i will bet you, i can run a single 10 same power to be louder than your 2 12s with the same power.
this^^^

sq vs spl i guess. personal preference. but what I'm more or less saying is that one prbly won't get a system that you are looking for for only 100 a sub especially if u are looking for 12s and won't move to something smaller. also building a good box or having a box built for you can help a lot. 

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

this^^^
I'm already getting a custom enclosure. I've got that set. Everythings going to match the subs I get. I just need the subs.

If a Single 10' sub be LOUDER AND hit Lower than 2 12's I'll do it...but I mean if its not louder, i'll be suppperrr pissed. So now the question is, I'm looking for a $200 single 10' or 12' or even 15'

I'm reinnerating this again. Whatever you guys recommend for a single sub, it better have BETTER SPL in dB AND better SQ than any $200 dual sub setup. I'm VERY skeptical, but I'm being rational about it. list em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ITT: noobs trying to help other noobs, but failing considerably.

You aren't going to be happy with $100 12" subs. You've also made every sub comparison only about loudness. My suggestion is that you pay for a quality 12" now, then get another down the line. Going from 12-10" won't open up 100 options price wise, so again, I say you just buy a single 12 and get a box built for it, rather than getting two horrible quality subs and throwing them in a prefab.

You have many more options for a single 12" under $200 than for two in the same budget. Stop making such a big deal about needing two 12" subs. You'll be able to get muuuuuch louder with a good 12" in a good box than two bad 12"s in a bad one.

I'm already getting a custom enclosure. I've got that set. Everythings going to match the subs I get. I just need the subs.
If a Single 10' sub be LOUDER AND hit Lower than 2 12's I'll do it...but I mean if its not louder, i'll be suppperrr pissed. So now the question is, I'm looking for a $200 single 10' or 12' or even 15'

I'm reinnerating this again. Whatever you guys recommend for a single sub, it better have BETTER SPL in dB AND better SQ than any $200 dual sub setup. I'm VERY skeptical, but I'm being rational about it. list em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You're confusing skepticism with ignorance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.