nightmare continues. noise. help me fix this please!

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
and it keeps going...

alternator noise keeps going through speakers.

-tried regrounding the map today. nothing

-my rcas are ran next to power wire so i ran a separate rcas outside the car to amp and whine keeps going.... nothing

running a req5 sound processor (Lets just call it my head unit, basically is)

-its grounded to same point as amp (everything grounded at some point)

my "headunit" puts out a clean sound. found out by plugging rcas from hu to portable stereo. clean sound!

hooked up my ipod to the amp and clean sound!

so wtf?

Trying wrapping unsheathed wiring around the rca's on the back of the h/u, and ground it. Use the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif feature and look up alt whine for a full tutorial...

and it keeps going...alternator noise keeps going through speakers.

-tried regrounding the map today. nothing

-my rcas are ran next to power wire so i ran a separate rcas outside the car to amp and whine keeps going.... nothing

running a req5 sound processor (Lets just call it my head unit, basically is)

-its grounded to same point as amp (everything grounded at some point)

my "headunit" puts out a clean sound. found out by plugging rcas from hu to portable stereo. clean sound!

hooked up my ipod to the amp and clean sound!

so wtf?
Ahh yes. I dealt with the same req ground loop woes as yourself.

Want to know how to fix it?

Tie the unused signal inputs together.

NOT ALL OF THEM TOGETHER

But the corresponding ones only. (purples together, greens together etc)

I know you're thinking I'm a dumbass for telling you to cross wires together, but trust me, it won't harm anything and will fix your groundloop.

The reason your ipod worked without whine is because it is its own source, but when the req wants to sum the signal from the speaker outs from the HU a whine is created because of the signal input wires floating around and not creating a closed circuit.

Ron

il try both your guys' suggestions!

thanks a lot for that tip ron. was hopping id hear from someone with a req!!!

i will definitely try that asap tomorrow (late now).

i really hope that will fix it. it does make sense, and i do remember i read in the instructions to tie the unused leads together but i didnt because i didnt think it would be a big deal.

but okay, to get it straight, tie the unused signal imputs with the corresponding that match right? for example im using four channels (plus sub), so tie the used front left input with other front left input that isnt being used?

thanks a lot again, this is getting my hopes up!! so i hope it works!!!!!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

no one wants to use them because they just hide the noise and not really solve the problem, permanantely.

i will however resort to them if i have to. anything to get rid of this ugly sound!

no one wants to use them because they just hide the noise and not really solve the problem, permanantely.

i will however resort to them if i have to. anything to get rid of this ugly sound!

^

****, triple post! :p

The unused corresponding (matching) pairs only you tie together.

Do not tie a used and unused wire together like stated in your post, but that may have been a typo?

Matching UNUSED pairs need to be tied together.

Ron

um... I don't know why ppl dont use these but I used them in 3 of my other vehicles and if I ever had any whine or road noise in the speakers, after these I had 0 noise. perfect sq and no noise. even helps on those stations with a little bit of static.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pyramid-NS20-15-Amp-RCA-Noise-Suppressor_W0QQitemZ290355641139QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439a8b7b33
Using a transformer like that on the RCA's is one way to isolate signal ground from power ground. This is a valid fix, however the inductance of the windings can affect the signal. If you are going to go this route you want to make sure you use a high quality transformer. (most are not)

There are several other ways to eliminate ground loop, the best being a powersupply with floating ground to power your source unit.

Check out http://www.davidnavone.com for several devices you can buy to eliminate ground loop properly.

=(

nothing has worked still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried Ronmiester's suggestion of tying unused leads together and nothing, still the whine.

whine is present even with radio off. wth

okay so hu sends out clean sound

amp with a different source also sends out a clean soud.

BUT NOT WHEN their connected.

wtf could it possibly be?

someone please help me, i dont know what to try anymore.

any suggestions?

i also tried a ground loop isolator and nothing

your having the same problem?

that really *****. let me know if you know of anything else. ive tried quite a few things so far and nothing. its really annoying me now. i dont know what else i can do.

you have a pioneer unit and their known for having this problem, so keep trying.

grounding th rcas on hu works for just about everyone try that again. every single thread ive read on pioneer has their solution as grounding rcas

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.