Nissan Sentra GXE on 20s!!!

I was told by a guy @ Anneas Williams in Monroe, Louisiana that my Transmission could pull 22" rims.

He lied to you. Those transmissions dont last spinning 20s, and a 22 will kill it in HALF that time or less. Kid I know down here had a set of 20s given to him, so he put em on. He drove it from Feb to May, and after that, the transmission went out, then the brake system went. So, after it was all said and done, he put the stockers on, sold the 20s....the guy he sold the 20s to lost the transmission, and sold everything in November.

Im ridin 2s on a Mercury, and I wouldnt put 2s on anything smaller. The big wheel game belongs to big cars, IMO. V8s dont have a problem pullin em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

U havent seen the vid of the guy trying to go drag racing on '4s' have you?

Sure, a drag race is an abnormal strain. But the launch isnt something your STOCK engine and STOCK transmission should ever have a problem from, right? Too bad for him. The video is on youtube. I'll look for it.

Wasnt the tranny or the engine. Was in the driveline tho. Axles. They arent made for heavy ghey rims either.

1st vid in the search.

... I have different gears for my tranny in my house now. Just haven't found anyone to put them on. ( That's so I don't have to get another Transmission... )

I'm not denyin' the fact that my factore tranmission will eventually go out, but it's not likely to before I get those gears changed.

I have my intrepid motor already also, and due to the fact that it's a rear wheel drive motor, I'll have to turn in side ways to make it front wheel drive. It fit PERFECTLY! But I would have any of that dropped in until I get 22s.

IMO, I don't think he lied, b/c I had my '95 Honda Accord LX on 22s, stock EVERYTHING, and it still runs like a champ.

I've seen a guy in my area racing his '87 Caprice, I think he had a 350 barred to a 383, and a 400 Turbo Tranny. He was a 24s....

He was racing a El Camino with a 454, 700R4 Tranny... on stocks...

El Camino got his a$$ bust...

Just because its a 454 doesnt make it fast. They're heavier, and not much more powerful. A 'BORED' 350 to a 383 most likely had a LOT more mods, which would be the reason to run a TH400 tranny.

a 454 on a 700r4, tells me the engine was stock. 700s arent good for 454s. EVER.

nice setup, but mines louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2600w to two of these badboys

l5c9d076905ee83924437ediq8.jpg

My opinion is... it looks like crap! I could see going to 17's or maybe 18's on a se-r but the gxe is the bargain basement sentra. I've got an 05 1.8S and it's pretty weak on power, I could imagine how it would be with all that extra rolling mass.

It doesn't show signs of strain at all. And sentra ( atleast the GXE ) doesn't have power, they're more fuel orientated than anything.

... But I enjoy the ride, it's smooth, you feel absolutely NO bumps, and if you wanna hit the gas alittle, feel free!

It doesn't show signs of strain at all. And sentra ( atleast the GXE ) doesn't have power, they're more fuel orientated than anything.

... But I enjoy the ride, it's smooth, you feel absolutely NO bumps, and if you wanna hit the gas alittle, feel free!

No no no no, lol.

Any rims that require the car to get lifted to fit don't belong on that car.

Get some chromed out 17's or 18's and lower it (even bag it), or get a bigger car if you want bigger rims.

It looks like one of those Hotwheels "balla series" cars or w/e they were.

Pretty nice system though, I like that.

Where's the front bumper? (if you said, I missed it, my bad)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.