opinions/advice please

Participant count
  • Participant list

trashedxj
10+ year member

I got that Jeep thing
ok so im new to the forums, not new to stereos. i love builing and designing systems and i've owned numorous ones for my 94 jeep XJ, my last system was only 3 10" momos and an MB quart RAA1000(1000x1@1ohm) hit 148.7(not sure what meter havent gotten into spl that long to know that stuff) any ways i started building my new box yesterday for my new system that im hoping will hit 150's or so. im going with 12 12's and roughly 3-3500 watts(dont knock it i asked for help not to be downed cause 3500watts is what i like!) i just learned what the "big 3" was so i had some 2g layin around and did the upgrade, didn notice much but might help in the future! at the moment the only thing in my jeep is 2 sets of 5.25" components on 1200 watts. my volts stay between 12-13 now, so when i add this other boom in god knows if the thing will even start muchless play anything! i planned on putting a kenetic 800 in the rear, def wanna replace the front batt not sure with what i just know ive never changed the batt in the 4 years ive owned the jeep so who knows how old the batt is, and the factory alt. is on whole woppin 90 amp! my ? is will a 220 alt be too much? if so i was thinkin a 185! well thats my ?'s and thoughts yall give the advice on what to do with the electrical stuff! thanks in advance from the new guy

And you want to do 12x12" subs with ~250 RMS each with a 3000RMS amp? You'd get better output if you focused on maybe 4 higher quality 12s that can handle ~750RMS each or even 2 15s that could handle ~1500RMS each. Whatever you go with, make sure you can wire it down to 1 ohm and get a 1 ohm stable amp.

Either way, with 3000RMS power you'd need to get an HO alt at least 220amps (260 would be better). You'll need at least 1 HC2400 in the trunk, not an HC800 - maybe even two if you don't get an alternator over 220amps.

You'll need to redo your big 3 in 1/0 g and you may have to do two runs of 1/0 (positive and negative x two) to your trunk battery. You can try 1 run and see how bad the voltage drop at your amp is from the voltage at your front battery while under a heavy load. If the front battery and back amp have a voltage difference greater than .5 I'd do a second run of 1/0.

ok now ill let the cat out the bag of what is being used. 12" hfi12d4 hifonics subs and autotek 1500 watts at 1ohm. puttin 6 per amp so with dvc 1.33333 ohm per amp. i called maxxsonics(they make crunch autotek hifonics and mbquart) they told me that amp is i little over rated only a true 1200 @1ohm, so like 1000per amp actually getting used so total 2000watts if i can maintain 14.4v which im only gettin like 12-13 now! i not really interested in doing anything dif than the 12 12's, i like high spl but i been there done that got some trophy's now im going for the ground pounder wow effect! so with 2000 on my subs plus 600 on my highs/mids total of 2600 what would be a good idea? just get a new batt under the hood and in the cargo and call it a day, also do i need an isolator or any of that jazz? if so the heck with it ill just do 4 12's 1500w and call it a day!

i mean in theory i know i can take 2 nice 15's or even 3 bad ass 10's with lota mnore power and get higher numbers but i like the idea of slightly cheaper 12's and use lots of em' just for kicks! i would spend the same money either way i just want lots of speakers just for fun!

i mean in theory i know i can take 2 nice 15's or even 3 bad ass 10's with lota mnore power and get higher numbers but i like the idea of slightly cheaper 12's and use lots of em' just for kicks! i would spend the same money either way i just want lots of speakers just for fun!
well get ready to be disapointed with the sound of ur 12 shitty speakers.

Maybe consider 4 4ohm SVC subs per amp? That way you get 1ohm load @ 300RMS per sub - right at their rated RMS handling. I doubt you'd get any audible benefit running 12 @ 166RMS over 8 @ 300RMS - you might actually get more Db out of the 8.

But as Seth and I are saying, you'll be disappointed with the sound going through with this at all.

not only that the time you will spend designing, building and wireing everything up..
and a Jepp xj? is that a wrangler or a cherokee?
def cherokee, love off roadin but had to get cargo room for my bump cause i love the bass not to listen to but somethin bout makin a brick flip on the roof, i dont listen to music i play with it!

well get ready to be disapointed with the sound of ur 12 shitty speakers.
over all i don see were its a bad sub, my last system was 3 10" polk momos and i loved them great SQ and i hit 148.7 at the windshield with that and the HFI 12's are darn close to the same quality and build components so if my ten were sweet i mean these 12's cant be but so bad plus i like the wow factor of sayin yeah i got 12 12's maybe 15's hit harder sound louder a mile away but i think my idea would be nice to look at, plus i pay 140+ in child support a week then i still gotta help my fiance out with our 2 month old and i treat her set of twins like my own so gotta help some wit that to. livin in the real world with i high dollar hobby don work so i do it on the cheap and when the last few years i still bring home trophies each summer it works out pretty decent so considering this whole 12 12's with 2 1500 amps and a spare batt shebang is only runnin my wallet down by 1200 bucks its not to bad i not going for records not goin for the best numbers(ive done that before the kids came) now i just wanna have fun with it.....not trying to sound mean just been a bad day from work so my venting jus happened in this post!

ok as far as db's would this do better cause its gonna cost the same as the 12 12's idea

go with 3 of these:

http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=TXXAP15B

and one of these:

http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=AP30001D

and tune it to like 30something?

would i need an extra batt? right away or could i just replace the under hood batt for now just to get it workin the add like an opti yellow later?

opinions please and be real will the db's be high wit 3 15's at approx 750ish each(only drops amp to 1.3 so total output round 2250?)

ok as far as db's would this do better cause its gonna cost the same as the 12 12's idea

go with 3 of these:

http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=TXXAP15B

and one of these:

http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=AP30001D

and tune it to like 30something?

would i need an extra batt? right away or could i just replace the under hood batt for now just to get it workin the add like an opti yellow later?

opinions please and be real will the db's be high wit 3 15's at approx 750ish each(only drops amp to 1.3 so total output round 2250?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.