Optima or Kinetic

shellfish
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I've been made fun for my electrical enough!

I stopped by the local audio shop yesterday looking for batterys.

I asked him about the optima yellow top (which he has for 160)

But he showed me towards the kinetic hc1400 saying that it will me the solution

to all my electrical problems and that baby is 200$ at his shop.

So the question is which one will better fit my needs of powering

a 3kw amp @ 1ohm daily? And to all the haters I should have 1awg

coming in soon as well.

Actually, for the Kinetik 1400, $200 isnt a bad price.

There are some slightly better deals out there, like the "CarAudioDeals" storefront on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s.html?ie=UTF8&me=ANZ5B8ZZ261JD&brand=Kinetik), but your going to pay quite a bit for shipping.

Likewise, there are some companies, like Pacific Stereo (http://www.pacificstereo.com) that will give you free shipping, but it sits right under $200. There are advantages both ways: you buy local you can take it back easily if it fails on you. You buy online from someone who will ship for free, and you might try giving them a call and asking for their "best deal" (if you have other stuff you need to buy, do it all at once and your pretty likely to get a discount).

id just pick the kenitik up for $200

yeah you can get it for a little less, but with shipping etc. and you can install it today. i always hated ordering stuff and waiting a week for it to get here like im currently doing with a few things.

A single hc1400 won't be near enough lol... if this is just for a daily driver then do HO alt and replace the stock batt with the biggest Kinetic (or similar) batt you can fit.. And redo big3 with 1/0.

Never personally ran optima, but I'd avoid them for car audio use.

Actually, for the Kinetik 1400, $200 isnt a bad price.
There are some slightly better deals out there, like the "CarAudioDeals" storefront on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s.html?ie=UTF8&me=ANZ5B8ZZ261JD&brand=Kinetik), but your going to pay quite a bit for shipping.

Likewise, there are some companies, like Pacific Stereo (http://www.pacificstereo.com) that will give you free shipping, but it sits right under $200. There are advantages both ways: you buy local you can take it back easily if it fails on you. You buy online from someone who will ship for free, and you might try giving them a call and asking for their "best deal" (if you have other stuff you need to buy, do it all at once and your pretty likely to get a discount).
i got the HC 1800s new on a ebay store shipped for $200 each. there good to. 12.9v out the box

Well all comments considered, I probably will help my self to a hc1400

due to its almost identical size to my stock battery and its reputation.

Keep in mind that i won't b running 3kw right now because my sub just

wont take that much wattage.

And as time goes on I will drop another 1400 in the trunk and upgrade my

alt, but times are hard now and i only want to get the essentials, so i wont stall

every time my bass hits

p.s. i have 1awg coming in soon enough to run my amp and redo my

weak sauce big 3

also if noone recomends yellow tops then why the hell do i see so many

of you using them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.