orion HCCA250

Participant count
  • Participant list
1 have a gen 1 that you can fry eggs on when bridged low.

revrider is the expert, but I think gen 2 and 3 are good, gen 1 is ok.

example of a v1 from roe

outside1.jpg

v2 or v3

outside1.jpg

You also need a bridging module for the G1 amps whereas the later generations come with a mono switch that inverts one of channels for you.

ETA:

Stereo Stats

50 per channel @ 4 ohms

100 per channel @ 2 ohms

200 per channel @ 1 ohm

400 per channel @ 1/2 ohm

Mono stats:

200 @ 4 ohms

400 @ 2 ohms

800 @ 1 ohm

Real life stats - I measured output on a HCCA 250 G4 @ 100 watts RMS per channel on a 4 ohm load just prior to clipping with a 50 Hz test tone. The HCCA 225 G5 that I have did 73 watts per channel @ 4 under the same conditions.

The only downside is these amps are HUGE footprint, current hungry, Class AB beasts. At lower ohm loads, expect a HCCA 250 to continuously draw close to 80 amps and heat up like you wouldn't believe. On component the HCCAs are great because they have tons more headroom than most 4 ohm amplifiers with the same power rating.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.