Pioneer fh-p800bt, Pissin me off

Participant count
  • Participant list

99StangGt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oregon
So I installed a new Pioneer fh-p800bt and have been trying to get my phone to connect with it and it wont work. My daughters moto phone connects right up and works great, my LG wont. I figured it out and my LG does connect but only as a bluetooth audio player. Guess I have to get a new phone.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif. Anyway the deck isnt bad but hard to deal with the menus. When I first got it going I had the engine whine from hell. Fixed that by moving my RCA's away from the power cable, dam cheap RCA's. Just like my other Pioneer dvd it reads from the USB very fast. Not a bad deck just navigating the menus ****.

Hey, I am trying to get the same HU. Could you tell me what ***** about navigating MP3s from an HD? When I talked to Pioneer, they said that there IS a folder navigation fxn - so you'd navigate it the same way as an mp3 player, right? How is it bad?

Also, when you turn your car off and on, does it resume the playback from external HD or does it revert to the first song? I'd appreciate your comments as I haven't bought this yet.

I have a T-mobile Dash and I hope it works with the bluetooth.

Any comments on the quality?

Navigating through songs and folders is fine. Its just when you want to adjust audio settings you have a few more things to do. I havent used a HD with it but with the flash drive it resumes where you left off. Quality is good, not as good as it could be but I think most decks are getting a little worse for quality. The sound is good but not as good as my 9835. Guess thats the trade off for the usb and bluetooth.

Navigating through songs and folders is fine. Its just when you want to adjust audio settings you have a few more things to do. I havent used a HD with it but with the flash drive it resumes where you left off. Quality is good, not as good as it could be but I think most decks are getting a little worse for quality. The sound is good but not as good as my 9835. Guess thats the trade off for the usb and bluetooth.
I am so glad to hear that it resumes from where it left off! Even a 4 gig flash can hold a lot of stuff. Do you know if it plays WAV files?

I don't know if you read my other thread, but I talked several installers and ALL of them said that the Alpine and the Pioneer are he same in SQ. These people have been in business for many years and one of them installs systems in elite cars. I think they know their stuff. In fact, one of the installers said that if you really were looking for every drop of SQ, then you'd go with an Eclipse, but even then, the quality still would be the same. The only way to notice the smallest difference would be to have the most expensive components and amps.

Another thing - one of the people I know has been building high quality amps for 30 years now. He is a physicist and builds amps for airports, cars, and everything in between. He said that the only way you can even compare an SQ for different systems is to do a double blind experiment. Not only that, but most people have only 5 seconds to listen to BOTH SOUNDS in order to be able to differentiate them. We often read threads where people swear by Alpines and their opinion is based on their "memory" of the previous system. Even if we assume that they had the exacts system except the new HU, their opinion is by far a biased stretch - a placebo effect. This is why I am confident that it has no bearing whether you have Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, or some of the other brands. They are all pretty much the same in SQ. I listen to a lot of classical music - do you think I'd sacrifice SQ? I have read a lot about this topic and talked to many professionals and the bottom line is that it DOESN'T MATTER what brand you have (except some of those cheap HUs). They all have pretty much the same sound quality. Maybe I should make a new thread just on this subject.

What I mean is my 9835 was running active, better crossover slopes and points and the parametric eq was better for me. Thats why i say the alpine sounds better. I have had alot of the high end Eclipse, Alpine and pioneers but seem to always come back to the 9835. I liked them all.

Had to go into the bluetooth menu on the phone and make it visable and have the deck search for it, then it worked

Oh man, isn't it annoying how the smallest thing you miss causes such a major problem?

I was wondering whether it is possible to use the cell via bluetooth to record conversations. I mainly need this to record a conversation with a cop, in case I get pulled over. You should try this too - make sure you don't admit your guilt and when during the trial the cop says something that you did or say that didn't happen, crush him with the recording. I sure hope the mic will work with the voice recorder of my phone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.