Plans on new sub & amp combo, need advice

The cab 1600 amp is a pretty good budget amp that puts out rated power, which is what you want. The sundown subs are top notch subs. Would be a nice combo, I just hope you have a decent sized alternator in that ranger.

That does sound pretty simple
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
looks like the guys did a good job steering u to better equipment.. yeah u need good amp $200 or so cab ok or even skar 1500 $180 is ok budget amp E's are good subs u could look at soundqubed hds3.1's.. just make sure u let us tell u what voice coil (ohm load) subs to get so u don't order wrong ones..

The cab 1600 amp is a pretty good budget amp that puts out rated power, which is what you want. The sundown subs are top notch subs. Would be a nice combo, I just hope you have a decent sized alternator in that ranger.
It's a stock alternator haha. I might have to upgrade it too

I agree 2 E-12's on a CAB should do ok... lol... a decent AGM, +120A alt and big 3 would be the minimum for a daily IMO.

Also guys what gauge of wire would you recommend running?
at a 2 ohm load on that amp it is capable of 1200+ rms. I would get the thickest true gauge wire you can afford that is ofc. Try to get 0 gauge, true 4 gauge is really cutting it too close with that amp, even at 2 ohm load..

at a 2 ohm load on that amp it is capable of 1200+ rms. I would get the thickest true gauge wire you can afford that is ofc. Try to get 0 gauge, true 4 gauge is really cutting it too close with that amp, even at 2 ohm load..
**** that thick of wire!

0ga for power and ground maybe 4ga for alt wire... if you are gonna upgrade someday (most will) that 0ga will be needed at 1 ohm. And the wire is something you'll want to do only once.

Thanks
np, post link to the cable before you buy some. A lot of cable out on the market is not true gauge wire, they will put a thick coating around the wire and make you think its bigger when its not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.