Poor man's Oscope! Setting Gains on Questionable Sub Amps

After reading this thread, I ran out and bought the exact buzzer from radio shack that Jeff linked to and tried it on my system. I got nothing at all. Turned the gain on the amp all the way up and it never buzzed at all.

I clipped it into my positive and negative speaker terminals and slowly turned the gain up and even bcranked it for a brief second and it did nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? My deck is factory at the moment and I have a LOC with the output on that about 3/4 up. All eqs on the unit were set to flat.

The amp in question is an elemental designs nine.1

After reading this thread, I ran out and bought the exact buzzer from radio shack that Jeff linked to and tried it on my system. I got nothing at all. Turned the gain on the amp all the way up and it never buzzed at all.
I clipped it into my positive and negative speaker terminals and slowly turned the gain up and even bcranked it for a brief second and it did nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? My deck is factory at the moment and I have a LOC with the output on that about 3/4 up. All eqs on the unit were set to flat.

The amp in question is an elemental designs nine.1
what voltage were you getting on the DMM? On my DC 3.5k, it buzzed at 64 volts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.