Powering 3000rms in a tiburon

DylanBeatz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wisconsin
I'm just trying to get an idea of how much money I'll have to spend if I do this, and how much room I'll need in my trunk for a battery.

If I got an amp like a sundown 3500 or a Rockford fosgate T3000bdcp, what would I need to power it?

I know I'd need to upgrade my stock alt, it's only 90amps, would 240amps be enough?

I'd do the big three with 1/0 and connect my trunk battery to my front one with 1/0, I'd power the amp with 1/0. I wouldn't need multiple runs of the 1/0 would I?

What about the extra battery though? This is my biggest concern because I want to still have room for a decent box in my trunk so hopefully I wouldn't need a huge one, what do you guys think?

Also I never want to have a system that draws so much power that I'd have to hit the gas to raise the rpms just so I can bump, I wouldn't have to do that with an amp like that would i?

240a alt and 1 g34 under hood and three g31 batts in back

350a alt and 1 g34 under good and one g31 in back

I don't think they make a t3000bdcp I think it's a 2500bdcp which clamps like 3500watts. I could be wrong

Just so you know, that'll be a bitch to change the alternator in. A friend of mine had a Tiburon and the alternator was on the side of the engine in the middle of some stuff

Just so you know, that'll be a bitch to change the alternator in. A friend of mine had a Tiburon and the alternator was on the side of the engine in the middle of some stuff
I know, it *****. I'm thinking I'm just going to take it somewhere, mechanic shops would install it for me?

I know, it *****. I'm thinking I'm just going to take it somewhere, mechanic shops would install it for me?
They would, but I got quoted $300 for a shop to install the alternator in my Fiero, which I ended up doing myself. I see that costing you $500 to get installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Pick a different vehicle

if you get a stronger alt, you only need a good under the hood battery and maybe a tiny batt in the back. Or use a juicebox nimrod if thats easier to fit than a batt.
You guys both have crazy systems so I'm sure you guys both know what you're talking about but both of you guys had very different responses haha

G34 and g31, are those brands? Or specific types of batteries? Optima makes those right but do other companies as well? How do they compare to kinetic and xs batteries?

They would, but I got quoted $300 for a shop to install the alternator in my Fiero, which I ended up doing myself. I see that costing you $500 to get installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Pick a different vehicle
Yeah that ***** but I can't get a new car, also a Tiburon is great for systems as far as the trunk goes, probably as good of a vehicle as you can get for doing 2 12s and still having a back seat, however the alternator situation does really ****

Okay cool, and what would you suggest for under the hood battery? And your opinion on how big of an alt I would need?
That juicebox nimrod is pretty awesome, could definitely make that fit no problem. One of those would be good you think?

You guys both have crazy systems so I'm sure you guys both know what you're talking about but both of you guys had very different responses haha

G34 and g31, are those brands? Or specific types of batteries? Optima makes those right but do other companies as well? How do they compare to kinetic and xs batteries?
group 34 and 31 are battery sizes 2 nimrods and the under the hood agm batt should be good enough with a high output alt. Massive is giving the optimum recommendations, i give you the bare minimum. Electrical wise.

group 34 and 31 are battery sizes 2 nimrods and the under the hood agm batt should be good enough with a high output alt. Massive is giving the optimum recommendations, i give you the bare minimum. Electrical wise.
Okay cool thanks! Any recommended battery company's that make g34 and g31 size batteries or are all batteries that are g34 and g31 the same pretty much?

I have a 275A alt, a xs power d3400 under the hood and 2 d3100 in the rear.

My main amp is the soundqubed 4500 which probably produces similar power to the two amps you listed.

My alt is regulated by my pcm so I only charge around 13.4v.

On the hardest hitting song I have, I drop down to 12v by the end of the song if I go full tilt the entire song revving rpms at 2k

Just giving you an idea of what you might want to have electrical wise.

northstar, xs power, odyssey, juicebox, kinetik, deka, optima, sears diehard platinum, autozone/orielly's platinum series agms.
Awesome thanks! I had a kinetik before and I liked that. Would u guys know which kinetik batt is the g31 size and which one is the g34 size?

I have a 275A alt, a xs power d3400 under the hood and 2 d3100 in the rear.
My main amp is the soundqubed 4500 which probably produces similar power to the two amps you listed.

My alt is regulated by my pcm so I only charge around 13.4v.

On the hardest hitting song I have, I drop down to 12v by the end of the song if I go full tilt the entire song revving rpms at 2k

Just giving you an idea of what you might want to have electrical wise.
Wow, thanks. That actually doesn't even sound worth it after you say that. And your Sig says you have multiple runs 1/0 as well. My car would be about the same right with my voltage? What does pcm mean?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.