powering my sub

i have a 1500w amp and a 3000w rms sub. would it be safe to run it like normal or do i need to upgrade to the 3000w amp?
What amplifier do you have? Make and Model? What Subwoofer do you have? Make and model? What type of enclosure is the subwoofer in? Dimensions? Ported/ Tuned to? Sealed? What size and type of power and ground wire are you using? OFC or CCA?

Last edited:
No such thing as too much clean power (practically speaking), cheap, under powered, amplifiers are more likely to clip and fry speakers than blowing them from too much clean power. If you want more spcific advice, need more specific info on the type of stuff you are talking about. audiobaun posted all the relevant questions, answer all of that and you will get a concise answer. ;)

i have a ct sounds CT-1500.1D // 1500 Watts RMS Monoblock Car Audio Amplifier and my sub is a Avatar STU-1546 D1/D2 3000w RMS 15" Subwoofer. my box is tuned to 34hz and ported. Im running a big 3 0/1 gauge kit and 4 gauge wire to my amps for both ground and power.

i have a ct sounds CT-1500.1D // 1500 Watts RMS Monoblock Car Audio Amplifier and my sub is a Avatar STU-1546 D1/D2 3000w RMS 15" Subwoofer. my box is tuned to 34hz and ported. Im running a big 3 0/1 gauge kit and 4 gauge wire to my amps for both ground and power.
You'd be louder with a 3k but you can run it as is

That sub would really start to slam on a more powerful amplifier.

At some point you owe it to yourself to put some real power to it. If you like to jam to your music..

DVC1 or DVC2 ohm sub?

Huh.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...