Proper Setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Adam182001
10+ year member

Nassau
hello once again,

i am finally deciding what to do . Here is my hopeful setup. Can someone please tell me is this is the correct arrange ment.

HU = Sony CA 650X (installed)

Spkz. = 1 pair Pioneer 4x6 & 1 pair Sony 6x9 (installed)

Sub. = Sony XS-L1035 10 " 4 ohm.

Amp= undecided, but putting out 150 W RMS

Box. = Q-Logic .66 cu.ft. Vol.

Wiring:

From HU- Rear RCA output, do i have to use both the left & right out puts? I am bridging the amp. What would be a good freq. to set the amp x-over to prevent any voice from entering the sub?

I plan on runnig the spkz off the HU.

thanks

adam

sounds okay to me - the box volume is a little smaller than what sony recomends for that sub so i suggest using some poly fill in the enclosure.

just another thought - if you gat a kenwood sub (comparable price) it will handle a little more power and produce a little more output (boom) than the sony. but i used to have 2 10" sonys in a bandpass box powered by an xplod amp at 100x2 watts and it hit pretty hard. good luck!

and YES you do have to use both the left and right channels of the rca out!

the amp should have a high/low pass switch - set it to low pass!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.