Proper door treatment

Participant count
  • Participant list
Whenever I do any door treatments I cover as much of the door skin as I can, the more the better will help with everything. I even do the door panels themselves in spots as well as that can help also. I would also pick butyl rope for sealing certain areas inside the door skin.

Bought the second skin stuff and for 25 bucks, 2 years later and is still like the day I got it.

Amazon product ASIN B0155KELRW

I would do as much as you can afford when you place your new speakers in if you cant do it all now. you can always pull your door panels off later and finish up what you think you are comfortable with doing and spending funds on. You may decide that you are comfortable with doing less with little road noise or all and almost no road noise. I did insides as far as I could reach with one layer and ended up with two layers solid on the face of the doors. I can whisper to my passenger going down the highway at 75mph with dual in and out Flowmaster 40 exhaust system. It also helps insulate the cabin space for heating and cooling/Ac. Majority of the road noise is from the doors and floors in my truck. Its easy to add deadner rather than removing it if put on the way Ive expressed in your other Thread

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...