Question about my 3 way active setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

shadowm891
10+ year member

I have pair of illusion audio lucent l6 component speakers in 3 way active mode with a single 10 inch sundown audio sa-10 in a custom built vented enclosure tune at 35hz running off a pioneer deh-80prs head unit. Now the question I have is my mid bass drivers I have seem to be playing a lot of bass and I do not know what to do to fix the problem and could use some help.

Tweeters - 2500hz 24db slope

Mid lpf - 2500 24db slope

Mid hpf - 80hz 24db slope

Sub - 80hz 24db slope

Auto time alignment - custom

Auto EQ - off

16 band EQ - flat

Try your sub at 63 and mid at 100. Or sub at 80 and mid at 120. You defiantly want some distance between the crossover points. You should do this for your other crossover points too.

For your highs try 2000 for mid and 3000 for tweeter. Or maybe 2500 and 3500. Also the amount of slope you use will affect this. That should get you a starting point. Also 24db slopes aren't always the best.

Well I think I found my setup but I need your guys input. The setup I went with blends in everything just right were the sound is flat with just a bit of highs from the tweeters.

Tweeters - 5k 12db slope with level at -6 for both Tweeters levels

Mid lpf - 2k with pass for slope with -6 on both speakers levels

Mid hpf - 200hz with pass for slope with -6 on both speakers levels

Sub - 80hz with a 12db slope with a -6 sub level

It was trial and error in my car. Right now it's set to where auto tune set it. I also have the prs80. You might want to try auto tune and see where it sets it. The more I deviated from that the more out of balance everything became. I would also try it keeping the 24 db slopes but separate your crossover points a bit. For 12db you want about 1/2 octave difference between the settings. 24db about 1/4 octave. It requires a bit of math. Try your try your tweeters at 3500 and mids at 2500 or 3000. These are just guesses.

well since i am aiming for a true sq setup. the only thing on my setup i have right now that is now really sq is my sub. but as fare as amp's go i have a alpine pdx-f6 4 channel for my components and a jl audio 250/1 for my sub. now all i need to do is find a good pair of 10's that would go great in a sealed box. But thanks for your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.