Question about polyfill?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fishmunger
10+ year member

polyfill is the same stuff as pillow filling they sell at craft stores right? Also, I have built 2 0.4 ft^3 boxes and would like to get them up to 0.6 ft^3 each. Roughly how much polyfill should i add, and does it matter where in the box it is, like just laying on the bottom? thanks

maybe be im wrong but isn't polyfill filler what you put on something 2 sand it down? i think your after fiber fill? and if it is i dont know how much sorry

maybe you guys have different words than me. (rob from the UK)

1. Yes, it's the stuff you stuff pillows with, available at Wally Worlds or craft stores.

2. The rule of thumb is around a pound per square foot...

3. No, it doesn't matter how it's put in the box, unless it's blocking the pole vent or something.

You can get big 20 oz bags at Walmart for around $2 in their crafts department.

I don't know if cramming it in a box helps. I put about 10oz per sub in my last enclosure. You'll get deeper bass, but it's not as loud in some cases.

It's not recommended for ported or bandpass boxes.

Hope that helps. Can't go wrong trying a $2-$4 upgrade. If it doesn't work, make a pillow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.