Question - How do I get around factory amp roll off?

arey510

Hello everyone, this is my first post so sorry cuz I think it’s probably an easy question.

I’d like to replace the factory sub in my car w an aftermarket one however I’m pretty sure the factory amp has a frequency roll off so that I don’t blow out the OG sub, I’m guessing around 50hz. How do I get around that?

I’ll be adding a dedicated amp for the new sub and I want to make sure it’s getting all of the really low frequencies down to 30hz I think. I listen to rap/hip hop & want to hit those low low low notes

Thanks!!!

Sorry I should add that my car has a stock amp already, it’s the “premium” sound system. I’d like to keep that amp powering everything else since there’s like 10 speakers running off of it.

I wonder if an Epicenter would help that situation.
No it won't.

Depending on the car and where he taps for inputs and what he is trying to amp ie subs or speakers it maybe a simple as a high low converter on the right amp output wires other wise he needs to get the signal before the amp.

Lots of sound processors can artificially fix the roll off but it's not always as easy as plug and play. The JBL ms8 is supposedly one of the easiest to plug and play but that may be more than he needs

No it won't.
Depending on the car and where he taps for inputs and what he is trying to amp ie subs or speakers it maybe a simple as a high low converter on the right amp output wires other wise he needs to get the signal before the amp.

Lots of sound processors can artificially fix the roll off but it's not always as easy as plug and play. The JBL ms8 is supposedly one of the easiest to plug and play but that may be more than he needs
If he could get pre-amp signals this is a moot point. But if he adds LOCs at the sub output, he's still getting that roll off after 50hz. My thought is LOCs plus a bass restorer like the EPI are going to help restore that rolloff. I'm only suggesting it as a cheap solution. The JBL MS8 is discontinued and hard to find.

If he could get pre-amp signals this is a moot point. But if he adds LOCs at the sub output, he's still getting that roll off after 50hz. My thought is LOCs plus a bass restorer like the EPI are going to help restore that rolloff. I'm only suggesting it as a cheap solution. The JBL MS8 is discontinued and hard to find.
The epicenter doesn't restore anything it artificially adds bass ar a certain frequency band. This easily results in clipped signals

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.