question on a fuse holder...

Participant count
  • Participant list

metalhdmatt
10+ year member

im running a cadence ultradrive 7000z which is 1,500watts@1.OHM stable... right now its feed with a 4g. power wire and a 80 amp fuse, well the fuse holder is old and the fuse is lose in there so i wanna order i new one, question is 80 amp fuse good enough or what do i need? and wants a good fuse holder i can get from amazon or ebay? thanks!!!

im running a cadence ultradrive 7000z which is 1,500watts@1.OHM stable... right now its feed with a 4g. power wire and a 80 amp fuse, well the fuse holder is old and the fuse is lose in there so i wanna order i new one, question is 80 amp fuse good enough or what do i need? and wants a good fuse holder i can get from amazon or ebay? thanks!!!
You should be running 0g if you're pushing 1000+ watts through it. You need to get the right fuse to match the size of the wire. Here is a great guide to help you get the stuff you need: Wire/Fuse Guide - Electrical-battery- Alternators- Wiring - SMD Forum

According to that guide, with 1/0g wiring, you should use a fuse no larger than 325 amps. For 4g wiring, you should use a fuse no larger than 125 amps.

cool, ill upgrade the wire then, no biggy, just had a smaller amp before, big 3 has been done for along time, guess ill be looking into another alternator as well...
Don't really need a high output alt until like the 2000 watt mark or so. That's what I heard anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.