question on door speaker install

Participant count
  • Participant list

66ca
10+ year member

have been doing alot of reading on here about the proper way of deadning a door for your install. Was wondering....if you put the mdf ring with the clay on it between the door and speaker, does it get in the way of the door panel? What do you do about a grill? I may not fully understand how this works. Any help will be appreciated

You posted late and its still early on Easter. Wait till this afternoon and Im sure someone will help you out.

Hard to tell you what will work when you havent given and info like what type of car and speakers you are using. The more info you give will give people a better chance to help you.

sorry about that. Its for the front doors of an 06 Altima. Will probably use Hertz or Focals..6.5"

Just wondering how the end product will be with the door panels and factory grills

I'm unfamiliar with the new Altimas, how about descrbing it? Pics?

What size are the stock speakers? How much depth do you have to play with; will you have to space out the mid because there isn't enough? How much clearance do you have between the door itself and the panel?

I got lucky and found a way to remove the factory enclosures in my doors and just built a different one to house a 6.5" speaker instead of a 4", then were taking the factory grille and just opening it up a little more and re-clothing it to let more air through for the larger driver.

More information...

the factory speakers are 6.5's.

I was reading the sticky on this site about sound proofing the doors,and one thing it said to do was add a wood ring with clay between the speaker and where it mounts. Im just wondering if by doing that it will keep the door panel from going back on or retain the factory look..without a ton of mods

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.