questions about my 2 nakmichi cd500's

I strongly believe that the motor is the weak link. Everyone likes a smooth revving motor, especially one that can make it to ~9k rpms. But the rotorys lack torque, and once you get above the 400hp mark you might as well start filling oil every time you fill gas.
yes above 400hp the motor IS a weak link as you need high levels of boost to go much further. thats why the second FD that i own (that im currently building now) has a 3 rotor engine (20b) which is 1.5x the displacement... so higher horsepower levels are possible now without risking detonation. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Aren't those sort of modular in the respect that you can add more? I dont have a great understanding of them. They seem to be great in theory but poorly executed, which mazda is now trying to fix. Of course what can you expect from 150+ years of piston engine development versus not near the history or man power behind the weinkel effort.

I've thought about getting an older RX7 and throwing a LSx in it. While that would maintain a great weight distro it would throw off the center of gravity. Oh wells.

i probably shouldnt ask... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but youre driving what?
I drive a Grand Prix GT. NON supercharged but I've done a few things to it.

if I recall there is a second menu wih the unit off that allows you to dim it...How to get there I couldent tell you as I sold my 500 a year or two ago...hope this helps...

Wow, thats leaps and bounds above a miata or rx!!!!
Well thanx. I knew someone would understand. It's quick and looks a hell of a lot better than those little rice burners.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh and it actually has room inside the cabin.

Well thanx. I knew someone would understand. It's quick and looks a hell of a lot better than those little rice burners.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Looks like ****, interior panels feel and fit like ****, isn't remotely quick, cant handle for ****, and everyone has one. You're right. Great choice!

Oh and it actually has room inside the cabin.
So do minivans.

Looks like ****, interior panels feel and fit like ****, isn't remotely quick, cant handle for ****, and everyone has one. You're right. Great choice!
Quick enough for me. I don't drive like an *******. Interior panels are feel AND fit nicely. Not sure what GP you've been in but my interior is fine. I've deadened the whole thing too. But everyone has an opinion I guess. What are you driving??

Quick enough for me. I don't drive like an *******. Interior panels are feel AND fit nicely. Not sure what GP you've been in but my interior is fine. I've deadened the whole thing too. But everyone has an opinion I guess. What are you driving??
Quick enough for you? That could be a Taurus. Wouldn't make it quick by anyone else's standards. And i wouldn't say a Grand Prix GT is quick by the standards of anyone who is credible to make such decisions.

And it has nothing to do with driving like an *******, but it doesn't surprise me that you'd degrade any vehicle with enough merit to be called quick with such claims. You truly are a naive piece of **** with severe adequacy deficiencies.

I've actually been in a few GP's. One was a close friends Turbo Grand Prix, and while i would say it is a fantastic vehicle i would not say that it has a great interior, although i might mention that it is quick. But it is far from stock.

What do i drive? A Chevy Tahoe (yes, pretty much the same interior quality) and a VW New Beetle. And while the VW has only been driven 3k miles in 2 years i can say that the interior is leagues beyond the Tahoes. I'm far beyond qualified to make such comparisons. I've spent plenty of time around lexus's, BMW's, MB's and have spent time around Ferrari's, Alfa's, Etc.

Quick enough for you? That could be a Taurus. Wouldn't make it quick by anyone else's standards. And i wouldn't say a Grand Prix GT is quick by the standards of anyone who is credible to make such decisions.
And it has nothing to do with driving like an *******, but it doesn't surprise me that you'd degrade any vehicle with enough merit to be called quick with such claims. You truly are a naive piece of **** with severe adequacy deficiencies.
You just can't help being a complete and utter prick about everything can you??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Wow, thats leaps and bounds above a miata or rx!!!!
Imo miatas are girls cars like bugs.. But hey if you like them thats all that matters i suppose.. Not a shot at you by any means, I just saw your post about you having a bug aswell.. Vw makes some reliable cars though..

Imo miatas are girls cars like bugs.. But hey if you like them thats all that matters i suppose.. Not a shot at you by any means, I just saw your post about you having a bug aswell.. Vw makes some reliable cars though..
I think theres a difference though. I wont deny that the beetle is a chick car. But the miata is dollar for dollar the best roadster you can buy. Girl car or not, its a great track car out of the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.