Quick Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tiger Bass
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
SC
Im pretty sure I know this already, but I just wanted to clear it up. The higher the hz a box is tuned to, the lower the sound will be, correct? Like a box tuned at 28hz will sound much higher than one tuned to 45hz?

Im pretty sure I know this already, but I just wanted to clear it up. The higher the hz a box is tuned to, the lower the sound will be, correct? Like a box tuned at 28hz will sound much higher than one tuned to 45hz?

No.

Got it backwards buddy...

The lower the tuning, the lower the box will allow the woofer to play. Well, technically, Some drivers you can throw in a 40hz box and they will play everynote under teh sun (DD comes to mind).

Also the lower you tune a box usually the Frequecy response becomes flatter and doesnt have a peak to it...which is nice for SQ.

Then why do a lot of competitors tune their boxes so high? I guess this is what always confused me. Is it easier to get louder with higher frequencies?

So if I want achieve and bring out those really low notes you hear in bass testers and Phil Collins screwed, I should go more towards 20hz?

Then why do a lot of competitors tune their boxes so high? I guess this is what always confused me. Is it easier to get louder with higher frequencies?
So if I want achieve and bring out those really low notes you hear in bass testers and Phil Collins screwed, I should go more towards 20hz?
So they can get all the bass out of a the woofer, but you can't listen to music on it or you don't want to. Yes it is easier to get louder with a higher frequency

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.