"Steering Wheel Controls" and the "Radio"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guddddu

Santiago
Hi All

My current audio setup (factory) has "Volume" and "Next Track" Controls on the steering wheel for the radio (Blaupunkt RPD 552 Model).

I am looking to buy a better AfterMarket Radio Receiver. I am looking at Pioneer or Alpine.

What shall I look at before buying to make sure that the "Volume and Next Track controls" on the steering wheel continue working with the new receiver?

Is it some kind of Input to the new receiver that connects the controls on the stering wheel? What is it called?

Please guide.

Hi All
My current audio setup (factory) has "Volume" and "Next Track" Controls on the steering wheel for the radio (Blaupunkt RPD 552 Model).

I am looking to buy a better AfterMarket Radio Receiver. I am looking at Pioneer or Alpine.

What shall I look at before buying to make sure that the "Volume and Next Track controls" on the steering wheel continue working with the new receiver?

Is it some kind of Input to the new receiver that connects the controls on the stering wheel? What is it called?

Please guide.
Try Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse for an adapter kit that will fit your vehicle and the aftermarket hu that has steering wheel controls.

Try Metra Online | Welcome to Metra Auto Parts Online Warehouse for an adapter kit that will fit your vehicle and the aftermarket hu that has steering wheel controls.
One question though....If i already have my Steering Wheel Control working then does it not mean that the adapter is already there? And I just need to connect it to the new radio head? Do all newer Radio Units have input for Steering Controls? What exactly in the specification table indicates that it does? RCA Pre Out?

One question though....If i already have my Steering Wheel Control working then does it not mean that the adapter is already there? And I just need to connect it to the new radio head? Do all newer Radio Units have input for Steering Controls? What exactly in the specification table indicates that it does? RCA Pre Out?
Rca preout is for running a signal to an amp. What vehicle do you have? Year, make, model? Not all aftermarket hu's have a direct connect.

Go to that Metra link. Looks like you'll need an aswc1. It will work with any Pioneer Hu it says.
CSCStang...My Steering Wheel Control work with the Current Head Unit (Blaupunkt). I still have to take it out and see what's inside and I will do it shortly but isn't it a possiblity that the current adapter might plug in to the new pioneer radio head right away without having to buy anything else?

CSCStang...My Steering Wheel Control work with the Current Head Unit (Blaupunkt). I still have to take it out and see what's inside and I will do it shortly but isn't it a possiblity that the current adapter might plug in to the new pioneer radio head right away without having to buy anything else?
Yeah it's possible. Pull it all out and see what you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.