dpx7200dab Steering Wheel Control

Participant count
  • Participant list

jamesmckie

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hello I have a Kenwood dpx7200dab trying to retain steering wheel controls (ford focus 2008) vol up/down and seek up/down
I have 2 wires from the cars SWC... control and earth/ground I presume, out of the dpx7200dab I have a wire for steering wheel connector, have tried connecting this to the control wire and joining the SWC earth/ground to the black (earth/ground) wire in the stereo harness but it's not working, what am I missing?
thanks, James

Last edited:
Are you using an adapter? It sounds like you just installed an aftermarket head unit, and are trying to make it work to your factory steering wheel controls. You need a steering wheel control adapter. (I might have this backwards), but your new head unit has digital controls to the steering wheel. Your steering wheel controls in that vehicle are an analog signal, and you need the adapter to convert them. There's a few brands out there. Here is one of the big ones.

If you have Amazon, check their for what I have found is the best price on these.

thanks for your time in replying and the effort you have obviously gone to, my radio only has just one single wire for the steering wheel control, no 3.5mm input and my car has but only 2 wires going to the controls, maybe it's that you mention about one being analogue and one being digital I really don't know but I didn't see anything on the links that I felt would work with this particular Kenwood stereo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...