RCA Preout help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Very possible the pre outs are bad if your not getting any voltage on them. Did you test with the com lead on the shielding and the pos lead on the ******?

ok apparently you cannot say the pointy thing on a **** on here which happens to be what the center post is called....WTF caraudio.com

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

agh...and you cant say the enlargement on a woman's chest either

yep.. neg on shielding and pos on the "shaft" .. i didnt know they could short out not being taped.. I have had them hooked into the HU and just laying in the back seat pretty much for sometime now.. after fiddling with them for forever i accidentally touched one of the leads on my DMM to the shield and the "shaft" and could hear static coming out of my door speakers so this must mean they are hooked up.. i should be getting something ou of them right?? i just feel like im missing something.. been 2 years since i have done this.. i couldnt even rememebr how to turn subs on and off on my HU

alright.. i got a reading.. i messed with the subwoofer settings and on 200 on ac voltage i got .5 and .6 back and forth.. does that mean in between 5 and 6 volts?

nvm i gfigured it out... thanks all you car audio gurus.. LOL.. getting bad when SMD has more knowledgable people then on here... sad sad

SoundDomain would have provided a quick and helpful reply quickly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I just dropped in here for the first time in months. Dust off the open mic...

Get a better DMM that auto ranges and provides more precision. TENMA has affordable meters that are quite good.

When you meter RCA's you should load them, I use a 10k ohm resistor. Getting the head unit setup is important.

ya i was running about 3/4 vulume.. then turned it up and got 3.2/.. it just drops drastically when the volume goes down just a little bit.. on about half volume reads 0

Probably the meter range. Voltage will be below 1 volt AC. Invest in a nice DMM. Worth every penny.
i like the fluke tru rms line i need a dmm and a clamp meter.. but thats about 600$ lol

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

and im taped.. my system cost more then my truck.. and i got a pretty new truck.. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.