RE Audio SE-x subs for single cab truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

flgators
10+ year member

FL
hi all i just got a 2003 ford f-150. only problem is its a single cab. i already switched out my cd player from other truck. im looking to put a couple of 10's behind the seat and was looking for opinions. ive been lookin at the re audio se-x subs. i was thinking about doing 2 of those on a 1000-1200 watt amp. looking for suggestions anything is appreciated

mainly pretty good sound quality that can get decently loud, not looking for anything too crazy since im just going behind the seat. i might just try to get 1 10" thats a step up in line and port it. actually ill probably just start off with 1 10" ported and see how i like it, maybe add 1 later. listen to current rap / hip hop / r n b and 80's rock.

no more than 300 for the sub(s), about 250 for the amp. not counting box or wires ill say right at 500-550

ive always heard good things about the daytons just never heard any in person. ill look into them a little more

i see theyre only 350 watts rms each though, doesnt seem like much.
You don't need a crazy amount of power to them in such a small space as your truck if you're leaning towards SQ. I'd say it would be more of a concern if they were sealed. And from what I've heard they'll take more than rated pretty easily.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

And they're 600wrms as listed on the manufacturer's site, not 350

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.