Real noob at HT... Can i use 10w3v2? Amps?

Im just looking for some bass really. I just want some BOOM and dont really have the cash to throw out $160 on a plate amp. Was thinking since the peavey is just an amp that plugs into a wall outlet that i could run it to my subs instead of the sub in it already... then run a jack to input from my mono rca in my pc.... but i mean if it wont work it simply wont work. I trust you guys obviously you know your stuff. Im just looking for bass really...i have audio ports all over my pc and i got some acoustic authority speakers for highs.... you tell me what will work. Im hear to listen

Check Ebay for deals on plate amps...

I guess you *could* use a guitar amp, it would probably make sound...but it being something you'd be satisfied with for any length of time? That's up to you to decide.

Okay well i dont use the guitar amp so i might as well try it and see before i spend any money right? If i dont like it ill use a plate amp. How would i go about doing this tho? like... would it work even? i dont think i could run an rca out of it by any means?

You might want to consider saving up till you get enough cash to buy a plate amp. You don't need something god awful powerful, hell when I hooked up my little 8" sub for a short test, the box started bouncing at around 200watts. You don't need anywhere close to the same amount of power as in a car to get loud.

Logic tells me one around 400watts oughta do pretty darn well, but my love of power says buy as big of one as you can afford. You might want to have someone more knowledgeble than me give you validation on this point though.

I'd say just go with the 300W Bash Digital off PE. I have no idea if its quality but 150 to each in a nice ported enclosure would be simply awesome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.