Remote Start question.

On the bypass there is a wire labeled "Negative ground output when running (remote start installations only)", I currently have this connected to the "white/blue remote start (-) activation input"; which I believe is the correct wire.

There is also another set of wires that plug into the relay satellite for the starter, but they are never mentioned in the manual.

They are labled:

BLUE (-) status output

ORANGE (-) 200mA second accessory output

PURPLE (-) 200mA starter output

PINK (-) 200mA ignition output

Would any of these wires have anything to do with the car not starting, they are in one of these 4-pin mini connectors and aren't even mentioned in the manual except on the reference guide with the wire maps.

The bypass is working as far as I can tell, because it is allowing the doors to lock/unlock and the car is attempting to start so I may try to have the bypass relearn the r-code for the key again.

On the bypass there is a wire labeled "Negative ground output when running (remote start installations only)", I currently have this connected to the "white/blue remote start (-) activation input"; which I believe is the correct wire.
Ah, that's the problem. That's the wrong wire. You need to hook it up to the status output wire; either the blue/white one that's in the same plug as your tach wire, or the blue one from the relay pack. Basically when the bypass module senses ground on that wire, it activates. The status output is connected to ground whenever the remote start is activated; its whole purpose is to work with modules like yours.

There is also another set of wires that plug into the relay satellite for the starter, but they are never mentioned in the manual.They are labled:

BLUE (-) status output

ORANGE (-) 200mA second accessory output

PURPLE (-) 200mA starter output

PINK (-) 200mA ignition output

Would any of these wires have anything to do with the car not starting, they are in one of these 4-pin mini connectors and aren't even mentioned in the manual except on the reference guide with the wire maps.

The bypass is working as far as I can tell, because it is allowing the doors to lock/unlock and the car is attempting to start so I may try to have the bypass relearn the r-code for the key again.
The blue wire I explained. The others are for hooking up additional remote start relays. Some vehicles have a third ignition wire or a second accessory that needs to be powered during the remote start cycle.

Sweet, I'll try those wires tomarrow. Now the only question I have is about the white/blue remote start (-) activation input wire on the primary power connector that I had connected to the bypass; should this wire just be grounded out?

Sweet, I'll try those wires tomarrow. Now the only question I have is about the white/blue remote start (-) activation input wire on the primary power connector that I had connected to the bypass; should this wire just be grounded out?
No, it should be taped off. That input is used when you want to activate the remote start with something other than the remote control; for example, you could wire it to a switch and push the switch to activate the remote start, or hook it up to another alarm output to use that alarm's remote to activate the remote start. In your application, it's not going to be used at all, so just tape it off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.