Rims for the Blazer

Bumpin, Do you really talk like that in person? Or do you just have some wierd online persona that you like to portray????

I mean, I could just see you at a Job interview...

mang you be flexin hawd, not hiring bruva and sh1t, C0meon help a bruva out mang....

WTF.....

Do you really talk like that??? How old are you???

**** so many choices guys... wont i **** up my suspension if i lower my truck? the only...

These are the thoughs i had in mind.

-20's-

Extreme Body Kit

Rollpan

-22's-

Just the rollpan

I heard that 22's on a blazer with 35 series tire will rub a little..

**** so many choices guys... wont i **** up my suspension if i lower my truck? the only...
These are the thoughs i had in mind.

-20's-

Extreme Body Kit

Rollpan

-22's-

Just the rollpan

I heard that 22's on a blazer with 35 series tire will rub a little..
1st Suspension questions...

What does you suspension do? it moves up and down....

A suspension has limits, if you lower it or raise it to the point of those limits, you may suffer some ride loss...

By using kits like Belltech it repositions the rim mount (Front-Spindle and Rear- Axle) higher into the wheel wells, this lowering the vehicle...

The rear is where people usually have issues... They drop the rear end so far that the frame actually sits down on the axle tubes.... It it creates a really bumpy ride... It usually takes 5-7+ inches of drop to do this with a big rim...

To fix this, you use a C-Notch.. It gives you 2-3 more inches of travel or a Bridge notch that can give you as many as needed... You can lay out on 24s, if you build it right...

No talk about the front end... There are several ways to do this, each increasingly expensive, but each better, less ride loss...

1st. Heat the Coils with a cuttin torch till the front end drops... Its Free, but worst ride ever..

2nd Drop coils (u can get them in 1-2 or inch drops)

3rd Drop Spindles I think Belltech only makes them in a 3" drop...

You can use the 2nd and 3rd methods together for a bigger drop...

(3 inch spring 3 inch spindle for a 6 inch drop) I sould not go any lower than 3-5...

Now talk about Rims sizes...

With 20s and 35 series tires, they will not rub even with a 6" Drop front and rear...

With 22s, I find that they can rub on the front when turning, even if not lowered... If you drop a truck on 22s, you as asking for problems, unless you tub the front end....

You can do anything and make it work, with the effort and money...

Whats it worth to you?

I would pick one of the following setups....

22"s front and rear no drop (my last favorite option, kinda ghetto IMHO)

Ohh, lets thow some Bling on and call it Custom...

Big rims or anyrims, No drop and a body kit looks even more gay....

20's Front 22s Rear, slight drop say 3" You can still get the body kit and rollpan and not drag it off on normally decent streets...

20s all the way around, more of a drop, up to say 5" still use body kit and rollpan....

Just some of my opinions, hope they help atleast a bit... I know how it is.... You only make money so fast, you want to build a ride that you like as well as one that catches looks and nods as you roll though the spot....

I started out with many of the same questions....

no no no smullen, chinny dosen't want to think about it, he just wants to do it. dont flood his puny mind with 'facts' that he has no clue howto use

Thanks for all of the help smullen... what would be the cheapest and safest way that i would have to do to lower 4(front) 5(back), i dont really care about ride quality well i kinda do but not alot. And i dont want to risk my suspensions either.

Thanks for all of the help smullen... what would be the cheapest and safest way that i would have to do to lower 4(front) 5(back), i dont really care about ride quality well i kinda do but not alot. And i dont want to risk my suspensions either.
I never rig crap when it comes to suspensions...

For the Front, Belltech Drop 2" Spindels 299.95 a pair

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/19200/PartFamilyID/825/SubcategoryID/206/CategoryID/30

with the addition of Belltech 2" Drop Springs 129.99 a Pair

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/19205/PartFamilyID/825/SubcategoryID/206/CategoryID/30

For the Rear, Belltech 3" Drop Leafs 109.95 ea X 2 (you need two, one for each side, dunno why they don't sell as a pair)

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/19213/PartFamilyID/825/SubcategoryID/206/CategoryID/30

and Belltech 2" Drop Blocks 34.95 Per pair

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/19214/PartFamilyID/825/SubcategoryID/206/CategoryID/30

Also for the Front, you might want to go ahead and get a Coil spring Isolater Bushing....

For some reason, the way the frame is molded on 2nd Gen Blazers and S-10s, if you drop them, it'll be crooked by about a 1.5 - 2" inches...

Most people drop theirs and wonder why it sits funny...

I have seen people change coil springs 3 times, then fond out about this lil secret of Chevy.... Its only like 19.99 and you only need the one for the Drivers side....

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/21717/PartFamilyID/825/SubcategoryID/206/CategoryID/30

Also, Follow these steps...

Before you lower it, sit it on flat pavement somewhere....

Get a measureing tape and measure from the ground to the fender lip...

Check it right dead center of the radius, which should cross the center of each rim....

Write that number down, then check it the day you get it back from being lowered... Then check it a few weeks later....

I've seen people get the wrong drop rate springs from the company selling them and I've seen shops just put the factory springs back in, charging you for them and then re-using them...

This way you'll know what you got...

Another thing is, I'd use all the parts listed above on your stock rims...

Get the front end re-aligned and Drive it for a few weeks to let all four new springs sag and compress as they will....

Usually after 2-3 weeks of decent driving they'll be settled to where their are going to stay for good...

If it still drives pretty decent, which it should, then go ahead and get your rims on....

It ***** to order custom rims, then after you drop your ride they don't fit, or if the suspension settles more than planned, they don't fit and they rub... Seen'em both....

Lastly, after the drop suspension is broken in, You might want to get new shocks that are made for a lowered truck...

For the front, you want these, they are about 39.00 each or 80.00 a pair... You need two....

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/7184/PartFamilyID/458/SubcategoryID/237/CategoryID/30

For the rear, you want (same prices as the front ones)

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/7343/PartFamilyID/458/SubcategoryID/237/CategoryID/30

That should do it.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chinny

5,000+ posts
Banned
chinny
Miami Dade
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date