Router Bits...

DonH
5,000+ posts

So Cal
I need some router bits here people...only thing is i dont want to buy them from home depot or lowes waaaaay to pricey. So does anyone know a good inexpensive place to buy them either online or in store.

Thx in advance!

Buy a shitty router bit once a month or but a good router bit that lasts for a year, you decide. I personally use CMT bits
thats all i needed to know haha! i shall check thoze out!

Harbor Freight prices are awesome, but I swear their tools have a 95% failure rate. I thought I was getting a smoking deal on a heat gun for 9.95....was great when I fired it up the first time in my truck, it shot sparks everywhere, and just about started my truck on fire.

I think you guys who know what router bits are good and such should be posting links, or at least specific brands / model numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

To help those with lesser knowledge. If your gonna post, should make it worth while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

the bits you would use the most go and by good ones. your upcut bits for making speaker cut outs should be one of those.
Im not a fan of spiral upcuts, they are actually not really even made to make full depth cuts.

However this is good advice, you can get a cheap roundover if you want just dont expect it to last long

Harbor Freight prices are awesome, but I swear their tools have a 95% failure rate. I thought I was getting a smoking deal on a heat gun for 9.95....was great when I fired it up the first time in my truck, it shot sparks everywhere, and just about started my truck on fire.
WTF! dayum!

also im such a noob with routers.

will any type of router bit work on any type of router? i have a plundge router so would a round over bit be ok?

i will post a pic of the router i scored off of cl n a sec.

I bought a cheap set of "tool shop" router bits from menards. I only use the roundover and rabbit bit from that set, but they both work fine.

I did, however, spend a little more money and bought a nice flush bit.

WTF! dayum!

also im such a noob with routers.

will any type of router bit work on any type of router? i have a plundge router so would a round over bit be ok?

i will post a pic of the router i scored off of cl n a sec.
No, you have to consider shank size. Your router is probably 1/4" collet, so buy 1/4" shank bits. Having a plunge or fixed base router has nothing to do with what type of bits you can use. Yes, you can use a roundover bit.

Edit: I use all Freud bits. Get good bits, they pay for themselves. You won't regret spending the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.