rs3 valet switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

roadmasters
10+ year member

Eastside
Just running through my clifford rs3 install and all is well except me being unable to program some of the features because the valet switch isn't working! Is it absolutely a requirement that the pink wire on the relay satellite harness to be connected to an ign. switch signal in order to use the valet to program? (and yes it's plugged into the blue terminal)

Yes. If it's not connected to ignition, the system can't detect when you turn the key; and you have to turn the key to get into the programming mode.

Well found one from a site that deals Directed products and should be in tommorow. Left everything installed for now... I just hope it doesn't go off when I'm driving until the parts arrive:) Is this missing relay satellite also the reason why EVERYTIME I disarm... a response has been showed as triggered? It's always the hammer icon on the LCD.

Ok, what I thought was a relay satelite is actually just a harness that came in. I'm now convinced that somehow the relay satelite is missing from my kit. ARRGGHH!!

I am not interested in remote starting at all (Don't you just love year round sunny weather?). I take it the relay satellite is actually supposed to look like another module? I've searched Google high and low for someone selling it seperately but have came up emtpy handed. Is there any way to fool the main brain into thinking the key is on/off just enough to where I can use the valet switch?

If the relay sattelite is missing, then nothing should be working at all. The relay sattelite has the letters XCRS imprinted on it, small black box with about 6 inches of wires, going to a white plug. At least the older ones have the plug. Theyll be a few heavier gauge wires in it...Two Reds,Orange,Purple,Green,Pink,Pink/White,etc

you can hook it up without the relay pack,there should be a yellow wirecoming out ofthe brains main harness use that for the ignition,ifit dont have a yelow use the yellow on the ribbon cable.and it should work fine,not only wont your alarm program without ignition ,u need to have your door trigger(s) hooked up propper also.

you can hook it up without the relay pack,there should be a yellow wirecoming out ofthe brains main harness use that for the ignition,ifit dont have a yelow use the yellow on the ribbon cable.and it should work fine,not only wont your alarm program without ignition ,u need to have your door trigger(s) hooked up propper also.
Thanks for the info. Worked flawlessly! I also ran individual relays for the remote start function, accessories, etc. off the other wires in 5 ribbon harness. Everthing is all good now.

no problem,any other questions u might have,just hit me up,well take care,oh by the way that will be 59.99 for info,hahaha just kiddingtake care from houston...............

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.