same amp and sub, new larger box. Do i need to change any settings on my amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

oceanhawk

chicago
Finally after two months i just received my new larger box. There was an issue with shipping.

The sub and box are going to be sold soon, but in the mean time, im curious, do i just swap out the sub in the new box and hook it back up with the same amp settings? Or does the amp have to be tweaked at all?

The new box is 31 x 15.8 x 15.8 inches and ported and........... its prefab ( i know i know) but i didnt want to make a custom box for a single 12" kicker L7. I basicaly have this just so i have something while i put together my new system.

The old box was about half the width of the new one.

I guess my question is rather simple. When putting a sub from a smaller box, into a newer larger box, do any settings on the amp need to be changed.

how did you set your gains before? you might need to reset your gains but i doubt it, the reason i say that is because the impedance curve of the sub/enclosure system will change depending on enclosure, but most of us set our gain without any load connected so its really irrelevant

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.