Searching and Searching for all the wires for my install.. can you guys help?

Chromatic

Senior VIP Member
B'ham, AL
I've been spending a while searching for the "good enough.. or slightly better than I need" wiring for my installation I will be doing myself.

Basically the setup is coming from a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Headunit with 3 RCA outputs (RCA for Fronts, RCA for Rears, and RCA for Subs).

I am using just ONE 4-channel amp.

I am putting in 2 door speakers (with component tweeters).

And lastly I am putting in one 10 Inch JL sub.

As I'm pricing wiring,.. it's almost half or more what a pro install would cost.. so I need help here.

I want 4 gauge "power" cable thickness (with appropriate fuse.. and quality).

I want 3 sets of RCA cables long enough to reach from headunit to the hatchback of the 350z. (I am going to run the "rear" RCA's anyway.. just in case I decide to put some rears in one day and it will save a lot of time.

One of the RCA cables I want the Remote wire to be twisted or connected with it,.. just be one less wire to have to run.

Of course known quality RCA's.

Speaker wire,.. I think 12 Gauge is about 2 gauge more than I need.. but might as well. So I need enough of 12 Gauge quality speaker wire (marked for polarity) to run from a 4channel amp to my doors (amp will be in trunk).. and to sub (sub will be 6-8 foot from amp approx.. but don't know how many twists and ups and downs running it will take.)

Also,.. What are the 'easiest' secure connectors to use to splice wire together, and to put terminals on?

I heard of heat shrink connectors.. are these any good? Are they easier or better than Crimp connectors? I'll pay a few more bucks for ease of use,.. so whatever connectors all this wire will need and some extra for wire I cut and have to splice.. I know I'll have to splice the remote wire.

Anything I'm forgetting for the complete install?

In my searches,.. I'm coming up like $150 for wire.. and that seems high, but the last thing I want to do is wire this up and it have wiring issues, whine,.. length problems.. etc.

I've done my homework, I see all the "kits".. but no kit I've found meets all the needs I have here for this triple RCA out from headunit to amp.. power, fuse, terminal connector, ground wires, speaker wires, etc.

Appreciate any help in this area.

No trolling.. honest question. Like I said,.. wiring adds up.

Oh and thanks for the help.. I totally didn't look at the two largest resellers in the world when looking at wiring . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm considering throwing in some lower wattage rears (MAYBE) if it will fill the car better..

But, you add in say 40-50ft of 12 gauge quality speaker wire, + 6 Quality shielded RCA's that are 15-18ft long,.. one of which has a remote wire embedded. + 4 Gauge power wire that's long enough to reach the trunk.. Ground wires (should be fairly short.. ) + Fuse to support the wire size + wire slice connectors (and I may be missing a component.) It get's expensive quick.

The kits all come with like 1 RCA cable IF they come with one.. and run $50-75$ on average.. some can be $150. With a kit at minimum I'd need to buy 2 more RCA cables.

It doesn't seem like a $40 dollar deal here.. When prices start breaking $100.. then the whole purpose of self-installing starts to become questionable.

But no not trolling.. I search.. search functions generally **** on forums like this.. it didn't turn up much.

here is what I did maybe not the cheapest or best I am using the copper bar as a buss bar to tie the fuse holders together.... and no not cheap close to 200 bucks but I will have some leftovers and I will know what is there and that it is done right

WELDING CABLE EXCELENE 4 AWG GAUGE BLACK MADE IN USA

60' Welding Cable Excelene 4 AWG Gauge Black Made in USA Battery | eBay

KnuKonceptz Bassik 2 Channel OFC RCA Cable

KnuKonceptz Bassik 2 Channel OFC RCA Cable 5 Meter Coaxial Interconnect 17' | eBay

1/2" Heat shrink tubing for copper lugs 1 foot red 1 foot black

1 2" Heat Shrink Tubing for Copper Lugs 1 Foot Red 1 Foot Black Total of 2 Feet | eBay

GROTE 84-9601, Flux, Gray, 4Gauge, Content 25 Solder Slugs

Grote 84 9601 Flux Gray 4GAUGE Content 25 Solder Slugs | eBay

The Install Bay CUR414 Copper 4 Gauge or AWG 1/4" Stud Ring Terminal (25/pack)

The Install Bay CUR414 Copper 4 Gauge or AWG 1 4" Stud Ring Terminal 25 Pack | eBay

100' feet OFC TRUE 14 Gauge AWG Oxygen Free Copper Speaker Wire

100' Feet OFC True 14 Gauge AWG Oxygen Free Copper Speaker Wire Car Home Audio | eBay

pt=US_Car_Audio_Power_Speaker_Wire&hash=item417a38bc5c

1/8" x 1" x 6" long copper flat bar stock

1 8" x 1" x 6" Long Copper Flat Bar Stock B187 | eBay

Xscorpion AMA48G Gold-Plated Mini ANL Inline

Xscorpion AMA48G Gold Plated Mini ANL Inline 0 2 4 8 AWG Gauge Fuse Holder | eBay

pt=US_Car_Audio_Video_Fuses_Fuse_Holders&hash=item43c3a0fefa&vxp=mtr

8 Gauge O2 FREE COPPER BLACK

8 Gauge O2 Free Copper Black GA Car Audio Power Ground Wire OFC AWG by The Foot | eBay

**** you missed the audio technix sale some member had in the classifieds, there was fk tons of good wire and rcas for awesome prices, i think he's sold out though. got my 150 ft spool of 12 gauge ofc for 45 bucks. Also, crimp connections are fine, if you solder it on fully, its even better but not really needed at all really. Just run the seperate remote wire or electrical tape the remote wire to the RCA yourself and save some $ rather then buying something fancy.

as for places to start to look for good quality wires and RCAs http://www.ebay.com/sch/thedingerdistribution2013/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= all hella good sh*t at great prices.

Also @mylows10 ; can put together a nice quality kit for you based on all the things you just listed for a good price.

Have you bought the amp yet? Often times if you buy something larger from a dealer like an amp or sub(s), we will give you a price break on an amp kit or, we might build you up a custom wiring kit that has nothing you don't need and everything you do. ;-)

Wiring is wiring bud.
Troll.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Quality is quality.. moreover, size is size. Gonna run 4 gauge power/ground at battery.. to amp. Run 12 gauge speaker wire.. and some decent RCA's.. not all RCA's are equal,... plus I want the input signal from the headunit to be reliable and clean. That said.. I see there is no magical site or kit for me. So I'll just piece it out as needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.