Southwest Region Second Skin - USACI Event - October 17th

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT

Anthony Collova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Scottsdale
I met with Mike Jaffey today, and we decided to have our first ever USACI even at the Second Skin warehouse to benefit One Step Beyond vocational school for developmentally disabled adults.

When:

October 17th, 2009

Registration opens at 10 am

Event starts at Noon

Where:

Second Skin

3611 W. Cambridge Ave.

Phoenix AZ 85009

Click here for Map Quest Location: Second Skin Location

We have 9 weeks to plan it, but so far, here is what we have in mind.

-Live DJ - Booked - Playing (not spinning) all types of music, taking requests, engaging the crowd etc.

-Catering - Food & drinks will be catered by One Step Beyond. They just bought a hotdog cart and are set up to do small events like this. All profit goes directly to the school to help pay for everything from books, to teacher salaries to Special Olympics events and much more.

-Raffles - Prizes are going to be raffled off every 30 minutes. We are calling up all of our industry friends, looking for some product to give away, but if need be, Second Skin will give away a product every 30 minutes to fill the voids

-Contests - We will be having a few different crowd participation contests that will lead to more Product/Prizes to be given away

As of now I have a commitment for a product giveaway from Digital Designs for a single 510a

I just got off the phone with Buzz Thompson, (the guy in all the Second Skin videos) and he is going to make the trip all the way from Tampa Bay Florida to Phoenix Arizona to be at the show! He stay will be brief but he is excited to come, and I am excited to have him.

More information will be announced as we get close to the show.

Thanks for your attention, and we hope to see all you Arizona guys out at the event!

ANT

www.secondskinaudio.com

we hope to see all you Arizona guys out at the event!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Non arizona ppl aren't invitedz??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I am unfamiliar with USACi but any SQ type stuff for this?

USACI has no SQ and the guy that is throwing it, even though he has a 20 year SQ background, doesn't like doing SQ show. Too complicated..

We might have to do our own SQ thing at the show, outside of the USACI sanction..

Now sure what it is going to look like though..

ANT

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Non arizona ppl aren't invitedz??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Hell, we want everyone to attend no matterz...

Everyone is welcome!

In fact we are giving away two $50 gas cards to the 2 people that drive the longest to get to the show..

ANT

wow....i think ill try like hell to make this show. it will be after finals so no pressure lol. maybe peeps will see that second skin damplifier pro can help you get to a 162 + //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

so what kinda competitions will there be?
Competitions?

Like classes or contests?

We are going to do all the regular classes and hold a windeows open/music class as well. You can see them here:

car audio events

But for contests, so far we have 2 in mind.

We are going to hold a couple of frozen t-shirt contests and an overhead sub bracket. (whoever holds the 15 inch usb over their head the longest wins the sub)

We will also have a couple raffles to raise some money for One Step Beyond, but other than that, we are still looking for some suggestions.

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.