series parallel wiring 4 ohm speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
i need help choosing an amp and wiring speakers. i want to put my 4 rockford fosgate speakers in the rear deck of my car.. i have a pair of the p1692 and p1693 6x9s

should i wire down to 2 ohms on a 2 ch so 2 speakers per channel? or can use two four channels 1 for the 6x9s and 1 for the front? never done this before..

advice please?

how would you do it then? lol. I have 4 6x9s i want to use and my rear deck takes 2.. i was just gonna fiberglass it and fit 4. i see people make custom panels and pods all the time to fit more speakers other than just the factory locations.. i dont see how that is "ghetto" and wouldnt sound good. my car is 19 feet long so the rear speakers are very far away. adding 2 more would just make it louder behind me filling the extra space with sound.

well i cant decide for you.

do you want BASS...

if so then do a sub/amp in back.

you can do some 6.5 and tweeters in door.

i have 2-6.5's and 2-8" woofers in each door. my tweeters are on my a-piller panel. im running 8 tweeters.

if your not looking for heavy bass then you can do 2 good 6x9's in the back tray.

there are many ways of doing it.

need to figure out what you want. then we can recommend what to get .. or do.

It's ghetto because you're putting all the sound behind you. It can work but there's a weird imbalance when the back speakers are louder than the front. It's up to you man. What would be the smart thing to do is to focus on your front stage and then install those 6x9's as rear fill to complement the front. If you go to a concert, do you turn away from the music? That's the same concept as when you're sitting in your car. You want to feel like you're actually there.

If you're gonna go through the trouble of fiberglassing, why not put one pair in your front doors?

maybe im not explaining this corrrectly.. i already have a sub and amp. im wanting to add those 6x9s for more rear fill in sound. More treble more mids, just to fill the empty space behind me with sound. I want to know my best wiring option for hooking them up, and a suitable amp for powering them. Im aware that at a concert speakers are not behind you.. -_- and i know that the back will overpower the front im just starting with the back first ...... thats why im asking what i should have up front instead of just two 6x8s. wht would work best up front to accomodate the 4 6x9s up front? speaker SIZE or wattage wise LOL

maybe im not explaining this corrrectly.. i already have a sub and amp. im wanting to add those 6x9s for more rear fill in sound. More treble more mids, just to fill the empty space behind me with sound. I want to know my best wiring option for hooking them up, and a suitable amp for powering them. Im aware that at a concert speakers are not behind you.. -_- and i know that the back will overpower the front im just starting with the back first ...... thats why im asking what i should have up front instead of just two 6x8s. wht would work best up front to accomodate the 4 6x9s up front? speaker SIZE or wattage wise LOL
What kind of car will this be in? 4 6x9's is a lot to keep up with. Are you able to fit like 4 speakers up front, and maybe 2 tweeters? I guess you could put your gains for the rear speakers down but then what's the point of having 4 speakers back there. It can easily fill the void with just 2 speakers in the back as long as it's properly amplified. If you try to overpower your fronts, you could possibly blow them. So I say have just as much speakers up front, or just use one pair of 6x9's in the back to keep it simple. Have you thought about going fully active up front? It can get pretty **** loud and clear with just front stage only.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.